Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques

+5
Dennis Jones
roadkill
the spaniard
Joshu's Dog
Dave Turton
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques - Page 2 Empty Training and weapons

Post  Paul K Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:07 am

Hi Dennis

I think maybe I'm losing the thread of what we were talking about here, age creeping up on me...

I think what I'm trying to say is this - the weapon is only half the story. I have spent some time in South Africa and have seen some civil unrest which at times became very nasty with machetes and sticks of all knids being used, but even in the middle of a riot I have seen an unarmed man walk up, rip the stick out an attackers hand and beat the crap out of him with it. Other people with baseball bats get tangled up with it and get mobbed. I have also seen incompetant people on gun ranges wave a gun all over the place and being so frightened of it that they fired off all over the place, into the side walls and ceiling on feet away from themselves, only the range master saving serious injury - give them a gun in a high pressure situation and anything could happen!

If you carry a weapon, as you state, you are obviously at an advantage, unless the other guy has the same weapon, then its down to your ability to use it. If you dont have a weapon, which can often be the case, then its down to your training again and your ability to disarm the other guy. If it were simply down to being armed then none of us would bother training at all.

Paul K

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques - Page 2 Empty Re: Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques

Post  Dennis Jones Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:10 am

Post edited.

Last edited by Dennis Jones on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dennis Jones

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Back to top Go down

Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques - Page 2 Empty Awareness

Post  Paul K Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Well Dennis, I think you lost me there. But I would definately agree with your comments posted regarding the handgun and awareness.

Cheers, Paul

Paul K

Back to top Go down

Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques - Page 2 Empty Re: Pick Axa Handle fighting techniques

Post  Dennis Jones Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Post edited.

Last edited by Dennis Jones on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dennis Jones

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul K Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:15 am

Never a truer word spoken Dennis, never underestimate your enemy.

Paul K

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2