Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another question re your rising jab

2 posters

Go down

Another question re your rising jab Empty Another question re your rising jab

Post  cartmelpete Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Sorry if this sounds a bit pedantic or thick, (o.k I'll plead guilty to sometimes being that, thick that is ), but just wanted to make sure I had it right.
In the quote below from one of the other threads you mentioned the knuckles being out.

Dave Turton wrote:Hi Guys

Jonathan remember WALKING..

OK imagine you are close in, and you align your body as if to walk past HIS right side.. as you make the step on your left foot to walk past him, just throw the right hand in a straight line knuckles OUT (not in like an uppercut) right under his jaw

Assuming I throw this right handed, stepping to his right, my left does this mean that the palm of my hand is face down or maybe on a 45degree angle facing him and the back of my hand out, thumb to the left?

Something like a straight right thrown with the palm down but coming up under his chin at 45 degrees?

Thanks and regards, Pete

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Another question re your rising jab Empty Re: Another question re your rising jab

Post  David Turton Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 am

couldnt have described it better myself Peter

the back of your hand/fist is facing OUT and the palms side knuckles face IN..

really comes as a massive surprise to the opponent

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Another question re your rising jab Empty Re: Another question re your rising jab

Post  cartmelpete Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:03 am

Thanks Dave.

I imagine it would come as a surprise.

I'm a big fan of anything that comes up from underneath his eyeline like your rising jab or the pistol punch described by John Skillen. The more unexpected the better.

At 5' 10 1/2 I'm not exactly short but as each generation gets taller I find myself looking up at a lot of these young guys.

Thanks again.

cartmelpete

Back to top Go down

Post  David Turton Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 am

I've ALWAYS had to look up to guys.... I am officially the worlds tallest pygmy or the worlds shortest giant

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Very Happy

Yes, I find that it's usually the case that if someone has picked on you and decided you are today's victim they are bigger than you. Not always of course but in general.
That's why I'm interested in stuff that you've made work against bigger opponents.

cartmelpete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down