Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

+8
Zak
Ade
Mr Nobody
rezbi
Jagunco
lotar
GOVINDA
Wayne Harrison
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism  - Page 3 Empty Re: Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

Post  tonyk Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Its got to be Kancho Sullivan with a salary and technique to die for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dnRodcajQ

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism  - Page 3 Empty Re: Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

Post  Ace Ventura Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:57 am

what about Stratham, Chuck sucks ass !

Please. Statham - hahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:09 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
what about Stratham, Chuck sucks ass !

Please. Statham - hahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok then, time to bring this back to a mature conversation..........................Stratham and the Power Rangers ! yup, unbeatable I feel with the new Gold Ranger, take that Ace Mangina Laughing

Someone should have the balls to make a youtube vid at 2 am dressed like this in a full on punch-up, I'd pay to see it Very Happy
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:11 am

Th power rangers - come on, what about He man and battle cat?

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 am

nobody messes with the Mr.T NOBODY... do you people know NOTHING!!!!

well maybe Panthro from the Thundercats... He-Man was for wussies.

Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:49 am

to bring us back to the discussion in hand! Very Happy

I actually don't think that most of the assertions made here are in disagreement.

We can all agree that "reality" bites. It's frantic, ferocious, down and dirty. It's hard work, loaded with stress and incredibly dangerous. You need high percentage training designed specifically for that worst case if you want to build up a skillset that leaves you more capable to deal with that worst case. With that in mind, of course exposure to training which replicates that worst case as closesly as possible is beneficial and something to strive for.

That said, let's not pretend that sucessfully handling every encounter in our lives that exposes us to conflict, threat, aggression or risk requires us to have taken part in "Russian Bare-Knuckle" fighting contests. Give me a break!!!! Also, how many top level fighters do you think have taken part in those types of training experiences??? Not too many... how many members of our armed forces do you think have taken part in those types of exercises??? Not too many. Doesn't stop them being efficient and successful in their roles.

It's not necessary. Even in the small field of self protection it's not absolutely required. It's just one way of exposing people to a learning experience which may develop their ability to handle physical violence. Certainly not a requirement.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:48 am

Fair enough, I'm basically in agreement, humor me though........pound for pound, black and white and no frills, just a straight answer with no analogy Very Happy who do you want on your six, the pad hitter from the clip or the Russian dude, just pick one and I'll say no more,

I bet you cant suck a fruit pastille without chewing it Laughing
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 am

GOVINDA wrote:
rezbi wrote:
Chris wrote:It's not about anyone else but the individual Gov. Doesn't matter who I would want watching my back (personally I'd settle for Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris and Optimus Prime)

You're kidding, right?

You really think you'd need Seagal and Optimus Prime with Chuck Norris there?

I think perhaps Chris was making a funny Rolling Eyes but you can't be serious Chuck Norris ? come on !! what about Stratham, Chuck sucks ass !

No way!

Ya think so?

Really?

lol!

rezbi

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2006-08-18

http://unarmedanddangerous.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:18 am

Ade wrote:Mr T pities Chuck Norris.

Yeah sure.

If Mr T even dreams he was fighting Chucky he'd wet his bed.

rezbi

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2006-08-18

http://unarmedanddangerous.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:48 am

GOVINDA wrote:Fair enough, I'm basically in agreement, humor me though........pound for pound, black and white and no frills, just a straight answer with no analogy Very Happy who do you want on your six, the pad hitter from the clip or the Russian dude, just pick one and I'll say no more,

I bet you cant suck a fruit pastille without chewing it Laughing

hey Gov, depends what we were doing. If we're talking about a stand up scrap, empty handed then I'd go with the Russian from the limited... very limited... info I have. Anything other than that I can't say. Hidden in the other clip may be the worlds best knife exponent or the world champion pistol shot with a Sig and two extra clips. My point being that even with the information we have it's just make believe.

Who is to say that on the day, the Russian doesn't shit his pants and run? I've known so called "weak" people stand when others have run. On any given day you never know what the next person is capable of.

That said, what we were debating was the effectiveness of the training and it's applicability to the man in the street (or at least that's what I thought we were getting at) rather than the ideal world situation where everyone runs the risk of a fractured skull in every training session Very Happy

It's not necessarily good training but it's definitely unenlightened training. Guys like Mick Coup have been showing for years that you don't HAVE to damage people to make then efficient. You don't have to smash them. You just need them to be active and engaged in their own training. Nobody ever accused Mick Coup's training of being inefficient or unrealistic. Yet, nobody has ever come away injured as far as I know.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

Chris wrote:Nobody ever accused Mick Coup's training of being inefficient or unrealistic. Yet, nobody has ever come away injured as far as I know.

In fact Mick prides himself on delivering injury-free training and deals very 'firmly' with anyone who compromises the safety of others. To my knowledge his record of injury is utterly clean which when considering his realistic approach to what is a rather 'lively' topic is pretty good going!

Take care,

Zak

Very Happy

Zak

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Zak wrote:
Chris wrote:Nobody ever accused Mick Coup's training of being inefficient or unrealistic. Yet, nobody has ever come away injured as far as I know.

In fact Mick prides himself on delivering injury-free training and deals very 'firmly' with anyone who compromises the safety of others. To my knowledge his record of injury is utterly clean which when considering his realistic approach to what is a rather 'lively' topic is pretty good going!

Take care,

Zak

Very Happy

Yeah these guys are good, Mick, Lee, Geoff etc, re-inventing the wheel, but good none the less, as is Dave, Mo etc there all good............... what are we talking about again ? Sleep
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  lotar Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:54 am

So, to get back to the subject " Kapap "... has anyone trained with David Arama ? or just summising what its like from that clip.. ? I have trained with David many times,

lotar

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 am

lotar wrote:So, to get back to the subject " Kapap "... has anyone trained with David Arama ? or just summising what its like from that clip.. ? I have trained with David many times,

Forgive me, I was surmising, is this not plenty of fish forum ? I obviously know naff all about M'Arts........obviously Very Happy
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3