Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

+8
Zak
Ade
Mr Nobody
rezbi
Jagunco
lotar
GOVINDA
Wayne Harrison
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism  Empty Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

Post  Wayne Harrison Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Learn the combat system used by Israeli Counteri-terrorist unit - LOTAR.

Taught by two highly respected, highly skilled, global instructors - David Arama & Maor Bashan. Scroll down for their backgrounds.

You'll recieve 5 days expert training from TWO top Israeli combat instructors. We'll provide buffet-type lunch included in price. You can take advantage of a generous discount in a 3 star hotel in the city centre. Training Venue is Gym Combat, a state-of-the-art combat/fitness centre. Free parking, two minutes from Train/Tram/Bus stations. Only 10 mile from East Midlands Airport. We're only a few hours away from most places in the Uk or Ireland.

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism  Kapapn10

TEAM LEADER TRAINING consists of three modules . 14 hours each module. In total the training is 42 hours. Once completed & passed, you will be able to teach 'Team Leader'. The first stage of your Kapap journey.

To mantain quality, you will be required to submit a monthly video of your own Kapap skills. As well as attending a yearly refresher.

Team Leader is an introduction to the world of Kapap, Krav Panim to panim or face to face combat - known as CQB. This includes principles of instinctive shooting, disarmament of the gun, knife and disarming techniques in general, handling techniques on the ground, explosive power and mobility, fitness, stress and team exercises, using anything as a weapon , hostage situations, VIP Protection, and other variables that can be developed in the course.

Kapap was and still is designed to save lives. Recently it has been launched for civilians, and has been very successful and there are even people whose lives have been saved with these techniques.

Team Leader Kapap is a training program designed to introduce martial arts practitioners (or anyone who feels up to the challenge ) of different skill levels and styles in Israeli combat system Elite 'panim Krav Panim' / Kapap and improve their personal abilities and skills in this martial art effective and advanced.

Our program is based on a model used by the Israel Police, military security agencies and government and has been tested since the first day of its establishment. It is used by units in Israel antiterrotistas Yamam unit.

The training is focused on achieving a balance between all the "weaknesses" that human beings have:

- Physical
- Mental
- Emotional

The topics to be presented during this course:

- History of Kapap and Israeli CQB Martial Arts
- Training methods for extreme physical exercise and combat
- Posture, movement, strikes and kicks
- Arms and disarms
- Knife, disarmament and attacks
- Management of the cane or stick
- Reductions (techniques of Detention)
- Basic fighting
- Basic Gun tactical movement
- Anatomy and Physiology

*** VENUE: Nottingham's premier fitness & combat centre - Gym Combat.

* FREE on-site parking.
* TWO MINUTES walk from Train/Tram/Bus stations
* ONLY ten miles from East Midlands Airport
* ONLY a few hours travel from ANYWHERE within UK & Ireland

*** Buffet type vegetarian lunch will be provided each day and is included in price.

*** Very generously discounted 3 Star hotel accomodation (including breakfast) can be used by you. We will provide a discount code.

For those who do not know Kapap here you have a short summary of the history of this type of training.
Kapap The origins date back to the unit `Mach Pal, the first unit of the Israeli Special Forces, created in 1941 during the Second World War. The training received by members of that unit is called Kapap, which is an acronym for Krav Panim the Panim or "melee".
The Kapap is a set of military training in various fighting techniques such as shooting, communications, survival, first aid, grappling, etc.. This means that the term Kapap covers the entire workout. In regard to the infighting, the training was based on a combination of techniques drawn from Western systems, such as boxing and Greco-Roman wrestling, with training in weapons like the knife, short stick and long stick .
In the decade of 1970, perfected the system of grappling that contained the Kapap and call it "Lochama Zehir" whose translation would be "Micro struggle." In the 80's, to extend the training to combat regular military units and to unify doctrine, was systematized the teaching of Krav Maga. Yet the Special Forces units continued to use the Kapap / Lotar.

Your Instructors:

David Arama
(Founder/Chief Instructor

Joined the IDF Army from 1984 to 1987
Served in the Special Forces as a Team Leader
Graduate Lotar School in the army and some other special courses.
From 1987 to today reserved as a “Palsar “ special force reserve and at the training unit
Rank Master Sargent.
Hold Karate Okinawa Goju Ryu 4th Dan.
Muay Thai Instructor
Jiujutsu Instructor (1st Dan)
Israeli Krav Maga Instructor
Lotar Instructor
KAPAP Head and International Instructor level (complete level 1, level 2, level 3 level 4 and license to teach Instructors course)
Shooing Instructor for Sport ISPC
Combat and defensive shooting Instructor
Tactical Instructor
Tactical driving instructor
Shooting competitor and referee

Maor Bashan (Instructor)

MAWL BASHAN -
Retired chief instructor of "Lotar" I.D.F. Counter-Terrorism School
3rd Dan black belt - Meijin Kai - Karate full contact
3rd Dan black belt - Pankration
Certificated by Ecat Pankration instructor college - ENGLAND
Trained security personnel courses
Fighter retired at IDF Counter-terror Unit
certificated as IDF's "Krav Maga" instructor
retired fighter "Shimshon" - with large experience in weapons
shooting instructor in IDF's counter terror school.
I.D.F. - Counter-Terrorism Instructor
Trained all of the elite units - I.D.F.
Trained from elite units abroad.
Instructor KAPAP & MMA all over the world.
Martial arts instructor certificated by the Wingate

Personal investment: ONLY £369 per person!

Places are limited to an absolute maximum of 20. We require 50% deposit asap in order to secure your place.

Use our secure paypal link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=M8NX5SQCYGF7W
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism  Empty Re: Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

Post  GOVINDA Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 am

Sounds good, but I'm of the opinion its bollox for the street, same as Krav etc, to much fantasy not enough real life......unless of course you live in Israel and happen to be a Commando, then its sexy time, having said that though, is it possible to get or buy yourself a cert then get a class and teach something real ?
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism  Empty Re: Learn the combat system taught to Israeli counter-terrorism

Post  Wayne Harrison Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:02 am

GOVINDA wrote:Sounds good, but I'm of the opinion its bollox for the street, same as Krav etc, to much fantasy not enough real life......unless of course you live in Israel and happen to be a Commando, then its sexy time,

Ya know, i honestly used to have the reactions you did (except for the sexual feelings looking at commandos). Then i realised, since Kapap is merely a generic term for unarmed combat, i'm a bit of a prat assuming something is/isn't applicable to the street, unless i actually see first hand that particular schools expression.

GOVINDA wrote:
having said that though, is it possible to get or buy yourself a cert then get a class and teach something real ?

I'm sure somewhere maybe. For this course though, you've to train, be taught how to actually teach what you've just been shown, and then pass a grade. It's a little different than buying something alone.

Appreciate the bump in topic though, Smile
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 am

I have studied Kapap and Krav, for quite some time actually, although its just my opinion, I do know a little of which I speak, the other bit was a serious question as I'm assuming you are highly skilled at Kapap and such like, basically, could I not go training for a week or however long, pay my 400 notes or whatever then get a cert, open my own club and teach whatever I deem to be "real" rather than double gun disarms and endless breakfalls etc etc, whilst wearing tight combats and a mossad t-shirt lol......you know you love it tongue
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:40 am

GOVINDA wrote:I have studied Kapap and Krav, for quite some time actually, although its just my opinion, I do know a little of which I speak, the other bit was a serious question as I'm assuming you are highly skilled at Kapap and such like, basically, could I not go training for a week or however long, pay my 400 notes or whatever then get a cert, open my own club and teach whatever I deem to be "real" rather than double gun disarms and endless breakfalls etc etc, whilst wearing tight combats and a mossad t-shirt lol......you know you love it tongue

mmm, tight combat. now we're talking the same language. Who have you trained Kapap with?

This organisation is very, very new. In fact, only a number of months new. Whether they have something different to offer to you, only one way to find out.

Couple of other points. Can someone teach something after a few days training. It depends on what is being taught. for this course - team leader' it's merely the opening gateway to the organisations style.

The other point is 'real'. Or at least defining it. That it is not applicable to the street, save for their own. To an extent i agree with this. In fact, i wrote an article about similar demographics. In particular UK folks training in fillipino knife ways, when, ime, UK criminals use much more simple ways.

I've become a little more open-minded in the last year. And see that there is always something to learn from any course. I used to go to other instructors/courses simply to see what way they interacted with their students. Other times, i spent £180 for 6 hours training with someone, only to never use their techniques, instead two pieces of advice he gave me in a break where worth much more. More importantly though, there are some similarities in combat/violence. With approaches that are different, it's just a different perspective. A subjective judgement, that we do all make. And that is cool.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  lotar Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 am

David Arama is a nice guy, very skillful, very tough, I have known David around 9 years he used to come over to my gym when he was in the UK and back to our house for pizza after training, I am now with Kapap Academy, This course will be very good and I would recommend Dudi to anyone thinking of attending.

Craig Welsh
www.kapapsheffield.co.uk

lotar

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 am

I got to admit I had two wims to try out Krav and both times didn't bother cos of the bloke on the phone.

The first one was this intensive course that lasted a month or something and you came away an instructor blah blah blah... cost over 1000 notes and I would have to travel down somewhere and I was considering but when I phoned the bloke he he talked to me like he was going to catch leprosy. So I didn't bother.

The other one was more ot less the same, except it was some lesson in town rather than a course.... I didn't like the sound of him and by the sound of him he didn't like the sound of me so he lost my ten quid for the introductory lesson. Ho hum

Anyway this has nothing to do with the above course Very Happy
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:35 am

I did try them out, and tbh it was just ok, more fantasy training imo and not enough real combatives for me anyhows, but that's just me and everyone should give everything a go, probably, and make a personal opinion about it, its like someone else said on another forum " no matter how or what you train in, its up to you to be a vicious bastard when the sh1t hits the fan"....................people should remember this thus saving themselves lots of cash on RBSD systems.

Gov.
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:36 pm

GOVINDA wrote:I have studied Kapap and Krav, for quite some time actually, although its just my opinion, I do know a little of which I speak, the other bit was a serious question as I'm assuming you are highly skilled at Kapap and such like, basically, could I not go training for a week or however long, pay my 400 notes or whatever then get a cert, open my own club and teach whatever I deem to be "real" rather than double gun disarms and endless breakfalls etc etc, whilst wearing tight combats and a mossad t-shirt lol......you know you love it tongue

I'm with Govinda on this. I've also trained in this so-called art and all I can say is kapap would be better named 'pap' and krav maga would be better named mega crap.

And I've trained with the so-called top guys in Israel.

rezbi

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2006-08-18

http://unarmedanddangerous.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:35 am

Cool, i resepct that.

What "so-called top guys" are you speaking of?

In April you mentioned you trained with Eyal Yanilov, and that he is an idiot. I'd asked you some examples why but you never got back to me.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:21 am

CPP wrote:Cool, i resepct that.

In April you mentioned you trained with Eyal Yanilov, and that he is an idiot. I'd asked you some examples why but you never got back to me.

It was Yanilov and a few other guys who came with him whose names I can't recall.

Sorry, I didn't see your request for examples. I missed that.

What type of examples were you referring to?

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 am

rezbi wrote:

It was Yanilov and a few other guys who came with him whose names I can't recall.

Cool, Smile.

rezbi wrote:

Just why you see him as an idiot. I've never met him so wouldn't know either way.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  lotar Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:04 am

eyal is Km, you should train with David Arama Rezbi I'm sure you would change your opinion of kapap being " pap " LOL..

lotar

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:02 pm

lotar wrote:eyal is Km, you should train with David Arama Rezbi I'm sure you would change your opinion of kapap being " pap " LOL..

Sorry, Lotar, I've seen km and pap, from quite a few different instructors and I just happen to think it's rubbish.

Plus the fact that I've trained some SDF and Goshinkwai. Nothing comes close to these.

And I've been training since the early 1980s in several styles.

Once I found SDF and Goshinkwai about eight years ago, I knew my search for the best was over. And I still believe that.

Last edited by rezbi on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:09 pm

CPP wrote:
rezbi wrote:

Cool, Smile.

rezbi wrote:

Just why you see him as an idiot. I've never met him so wouldn't know either way.

I did write part of the reason on this forum but it was deleted because it was to do with religion. He's a zionists and I'm Muslim.

But that was only part of it.

When we did sparring, I was up against a guy who's supposedly one of the top in the country. I know for a fact if it was for real I would have killed him many times over.

And I really do mean kill, not just hurt a little.

it was the same with anyone I was up against there.

Some of the guys asked what else I did as they were surprised how strong my kicks were.

After that this moron, Yanilov, actually said I wasn't good enough to go for the instructor's course because my kicks weren't strong
enough.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:09 pm

This all sounds very convenient.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:14 am

Gentlemen,let's be very careful with regard to what direction this thread takes from here.

Myself and Pete don't have many rules but we do insist that the few we have are heeded.

thanks
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 am

Hi everyone,

rezbi, with respect, all personal differences aside, and please do leave them aside, what was it about the 'training' that you didn't like?

(NB telling us that you "think" he rejected you for those reasons is at the very least unnecessary on this thread and with respect, without proof could be considered very close to lying. A wise man [one I'm sure you are familiar with] once said "I warn you of suspicion, for suspicion is the most false form of talk". Peace)

As far as David Arama goes (and indeed Kapap in general), maybe someone could give us a run down of the validity and effectiveness of these drills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFK7lpL30_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbep9_8udVw&feature=related

Take care,

Zak

Very Happy

Zak

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 am

Zak wrote:

Hi everyone,

rezbi, with respect, all personal differences aside, and please do leave them aside, what was it about the 'training' that you didn't like?

(NB telling us that you "think" he rejected you for those reasons is at the very least unnecessary on this thread and with respect, without proof could be considered very close to lying. A wise man [one I'm sure you are familiar with] once said "I warn you of suspicion, for suspicion is the most false form of talk". Peace)

As far as David Arama goes (and indeed Kapap in general), maybe someone could give us a run down of the validity and effectiveness of these drills?

Take care,

Zak

Very Happy

Imo the first clip is a useless drill, its done in KM also, I think its geared toward the first time adventurer in SD, who knows no better, when in reality they should be doing this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqI5kOpJzw&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dbare%2Bknuckle%2Bfist%2Bfight%26aq%3Df

I didnt even watch the second to the end as its more of the same, I really think everyone who is honest in SD circles knows fear immersion goes a long way and the above clips are merely guys having a laugh and nothing else, but everyone is entitled to train as they please and hopefully that is all the "reality" those students will ever see.
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyk Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:41 am

The blurb that comes with the clips says its a Level One instructors course so I presume these guys are beginners?

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Tony,

I would say, quite the contrary, I would suggest they are viewed by their hosts to be at a level which reflects the fact that they are about to become 'instructors'.

Zak

Very Happy

Zak

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Zak wrote:

Hi everyone,

Take care,

Zak

Very Happy

Look, Zak, and anyone else, I didn't want to put that info in, but you asked for it.

As for lying, how do yuo get to that conclusion. Lying is saying something knowing it's not true.

I was there and so were the guys who told me what they thought of my abilities.

The excuse Yanilov gave for me not being good enough was rubbish. The fact is, he wasn't even watching me train as there were a ton of people in the room. If anyone was lying it was him.

I didn't want to say that last line, either, but you put me on the spot by accusing me of lying.

As for KM, you want me to tell you in a forum post what I think is bad about it. That's like asking me to explain a one year course in five minutes. It doesn't work that way.

I just think KM is inefficient.

If you want more than that, the only way is for me to demomnstrate against someone who does pure KM.

And I've already said in an earlier post that one of their top instructors in this country couldn't hold his own against me during that course.

Now consider this: If he couldn't do much against me, how would he do against a practioner of SDF or Goshinkwai who is much better than me. And there's a few of those about. That I can guarantee.

Sorry, Ade, this will be my last comment on this thread.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyk Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Zak wrote:
Hi Tony,

I would say, quite the contrary, I would suggest they are viewed by their hosts to be at a level which reflects the fact that they are about to become 'instructors'.

Zak

Very Happy

Hi Zak,

The reason I commented was due to the drill being similar to ones we did in Systema,It was mainly to teach beginners to get used to a bit of rough handling and to build awareness.

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Yep...have to agree...there's nothing wrong with those drills.

Somebody who's never been in a fight comes to me to learn what to do and you're honestly suggesting I follow the Russian bare knuckle method and throw them in to a bare knuckle brawl. What exactly do they need me for? Where's the transition to get them to that level? They can walk into a pub, spit in someone's beer and get that sort of "training" for free.

That's like saying get someone who wants to learn to fly, take them up in a plane, I give them the joystick, and, as I parachute out the door, say "good luck."

That's asinine. I learned to fly and before I got near the aircraft I had to learn aerodynamics, meteorology, radio procedure, etc and then there were hours on the tarmac learning how the controls worked, how to inspect the plane, fuel it and a myriad of other skills to master before I finally soloed.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Nick Hughes wrote:Yep...have to agree...there's nothing wrong with those drills.

Somebody who's never been in a fight comes to me to learn what to do and you're honestly suggesting I follow the Russian bare knuckle method and throw them in to a bare knuckle brawl. What exactly do they need me for? Where's the transition to get them to that level? They can walk into a pub, spit in someone's beer and get that sort of "training" for free.

That's like saying get someone who wants to learn to fly, take them up in a plane, I give them the joystick, and, as I parachute out the door, say "good luck."

That's asinine. I learned to fly and before I got near the aircraft I had to learn aerodynamics, meteorology, radio procedure, etc and then there were hours on the tarmac learning how the controls worked, how to inspect the plane, fuel it and a myriad of other skills to master before I finally soloed.

Nick

Hey that's just how I would, and have went about it, you don't see our hoodies or career crims doing a course on how to knock the shit out of someone, they just go and do it, far be it from me to hide the violence that exists on the street......I wasn't actually advocating a punch up, straight away from that clip, but its a far better base to start from than being surrounded by kick pads, imo that and stuff like it is a scam, purely there to make a quick buck, the street is unforgiving......who knew ?
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next