Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy handed moderating

3 posters

Go down

Heavy handed moderating Empty Heavy handed moderating

Post  Nemo Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:43 am

And with the forum only days old it's happening already. I responded to an amusing post about groundwork in C2 with a clearly tongue in cheek answer and lo and behold, both posts have disappeared.
That's fair enough, it's your forum to do with as you want and I'm an irregular poster anyway. But I'm not into censorship so I'll be off. Can you unsubscribe me from the forum and delete my records from your database.
Thanks and best of luck.

nemo.

Nemo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Back to top Go down

Heavy handed moderating Empty Re: Heavy handed moderating

Post  Ade Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 am

Nemo,
Im sorry you find my moderating style "heavy handed",but the original thread involving C2 and groundwork turned into a complete car wreck of a thread and precipitated the end of the old forum as we knew it.I deleted two posts from the groundwork thread which i found to be in poor taste,as opposed to tongue in cheek.
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemo Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 am

Ade wrote:Nemo,
Im sorry you find my moderating style "heavy handed",but the original thread involving C2 and groundwork turned into a complete car wreck of a thread and precipitated the end of the old forum as we knew it.I deleted two posts from the groundwork thread which i found to be in poor taste,as opposed to tongue in cheek.

No problems, as I say, it's up to you how you run your forum, and as such you are the judge and jury of what is poor taste. But that means it's not for me anymore so if you could delete my details from your records when you get time I'd be grateful.
thanks

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:06 am

You know what,i think you're right Nemo.Censorship isn't our(the Admin squad) thing at all either.In hindsight i believe i was a bit "heavy handed",please accept my apologies and feel free to repost your earlier comment in the groundfighting thread where it will remain un-touched...and that goes for whoever else's post i deleted as well.

Ade
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemo Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:25 pm

PM sent, but definitely no need for an apology, mate.
It was only meant as a joke (and the post I responded to was much funnier anyway), so no need for a repost.

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 pm

It was my post Ade and I commented in that section.

To be honest, I'm not fussed about it being deleted. It was a joke and maybe I'm just too far or unattached to the sensitivities from the whole previous forum and the resulting fallout to take it seriously enough or to understand fully the point you are trying to make.

No worries mate and I'll try not to be a twat!
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down