Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decent Kettlebell circut vid, this kid looks in shape

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Decent Kettlebell circut vid, this kid looks in shape - Page 2 Empty Re: Decent Kettlebell circut vid, this kid looks in shape

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Mr Nobody wrote:I haven't got any dumbells and don't belong to a gym, but when I get the chance I will give it a go.

Meanwhile....here's another workout that I found on YouTube:

Kettlebell Meltdown 300 Workout

1. 50 V-ups

2. 50 snatches (25 L/R)

3. 25 push ups

4. 50 swings

5. 50 burpees

6. 50 clean and press (25 L/R)

7. 50 mountain climbers

Apparently you should use a 24kg KB and you do this one cycle non-stop through to the finish. They give a time to beat of 11:16mins, which would suggest the person who did that was quite fit!

I haven't done it yet but will let you know when I do.

I got this workout down to 11.55mins on Sunday. I was blowing though!
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Decent Kettlebell circut vid, this kid looks in shape - Page 2 Empty Re: Decent Kettlebell circut vid, this kid looks in shape

Post  Ade Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 am

Ade wrote:I just can't get off the ground with a 32

Now i can! Cool
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Good work Ade!

The 32 is quite a bit of a change from a 24. Make sure you focus on your alignment and technique and start pushing it!
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 am

The extra weight certainly highlighted a few flaws in my technique,and some core weakness....all stuff i can fix though,so it's all good! Very Happy
Ade
Ade
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm

It is all good.

While exercises with the lighter KB's can be modified to make it harder, there's still nothing like ramping up the weight with your basic KB exercises and going for brute strength.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:31 am

OK you lot got me and I have invested in a kettlebell.

I have started with a 16kg and I was thinking "16kg? yeah right, thats a bit light! but.............holy mother of god these things are harder work than I imagined!
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 am

If you want a good, basic program, buy Enter The Kettlebell and start doing the Program Minimum. You'll probably be asking for a 24k one for Christmas...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Enter-Kettlebell-Strength-Secret-Supermen/dp/0938045695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1308814803&sr=8-1
Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 am

If my guess is right Soc,Program minimum is where Pete is starting right now...

It's sort of where i am myself,but with a bias toward strength with a slightly heavier 'bell...and i've substituted cleans for swings,to get a little extra "pull" into it.
Ade
Ade
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am

Thats exactly the program I am doing until I have the techniques sorted properly

We are lucky up here as one of Pavel's guys runs classes locally which Jagunco attends so I will be getting mysely along to those too.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Sounds good Peter.

The 16kg is the way to start as you need to adapt to the techniques and simply familiarise yourself with the weight.

And the 16kg is hard too!
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 am

I just managed a hours lesson using a 20kg KB as my base and was flinging about a 24kg for a while there.

I'm chuffed to say I was pressing the 24kg for a little while, which I never tried before, and its now Friday and no back pain whatsoever so my technique is getting better.

My main hurdle now is stamina. I can lift the heavier KB's easily enough but I run out of breath very quickly these days for some reason. I'm planning to suppliment a bit of pure cardio into my week. Swimming or rowing or something
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2