Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question for Dave

+5
scott
BN
Socrates
Rob Mac
Richard Grannon
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

question for Dave Empty question for Dave

Post  Richard Grannon Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:38 am

I know of Mr Grannon through other forums, but have never met him persnally so my opinion of HIM has no basis, however his comment that no RBSD existed until about 10 years ago is so far off the mark its almost funny... the TERM may be new as such but not the ideaologies of them.

As far as my own hobby of historical research into as many combat methods as I can get to bears this out.

Regardless of the 'name' (a rose by any other etc) RBSD has never really NOT existed..

I was training with Bob Spour 12 years ago in "RBSD" and my collection of Tony Blauer VHS videos testify as proof that I knew perfectly well that "RBSD" training existed 10 years ago. I dont need a history lesson.

But the term "RBSD" has only enjoyed mainstream popularity in recent years. 10 years ago people spoke of self protection, military hand to hand, street fighting and cross training. RBSD was not a common term as far as I can remember.

Care to comment? Maybe I got this wrong, your knowledge in this area supercedes mine

ps
I didnt challenge J.O.K. when he slated me for this in his review of the Violent Intent DVD - to be honest I was still reeling from the fact that Jamie - who I have only ever heard positive things about- put my DVD up for sale on his site without so much as an email saying "hello"! but there you go, whats done is done

but given that only 2 months ago on this very forum you said you thought my material was good I thought I would question your post.

pps
If you thought it was "almost funny" and it offended you why not PM me or post on a forum I use regularly? To find you posting on a forum that regularly makes childish comments about me ( describing me as a "twat" for example ) means that you qualify that site and agree with its content.

Just so we are clear:

Do you agree with the forums content? Do you agree with that guy's opinion of me?
Richard Grannon
Richard Grannon

Number of posts : 1224
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

question for Dave Empty Re: question for Dave

Post  Richard Grannon Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:47 am

http://www.outcoldfightclub.org/fight-talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=388

here is a quote from you Dave

claims are easy .. backing them less so

Nice work Dave, thanks very much mate...
Richard Grannon
Richard Grannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am

Richie, amazingly I've found this guys MMA bout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYAPXfg54s Wink
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:22 am

And he called you a twat?
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm

That bloke was responsible for the funniest ever post on this site...

https://selfprotection.forumotion.com/physical-training-nutrition-f3/supplementation-when-not-actually-training-t5347.htm#57083

and nobody even took the Mickey!
Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Grannon Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:43 am

yeah they did... just not on the forum Razz

can anyone find the classic "surveillance/counter surveillance" post?

there was one on his forum , saying he was "leaving the world of RBSD" (was he ever in it?) but I cant find it
Richard Grannon
Richard Grannon

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:12 am

LOL, asking Mick Coup for muscle pics!!!!

Without wanting to sound gay.
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:45 am

Bloody Nuisance wrote:LOL, asking Mick Coup for muscle pics!!!!

Without wanting to sound gay.

BN: Shame you missed it last time round...
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Grannon Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:50 am

google "y2kfireblade" his online handle... there are naked pics of him...
im not kidding
Richard Grannon
Richard Grannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:58 am

Richard Grannon wrote:google "y2kfireblade" his online handle... there are naked pics of him...
im not kidding

I´d rather not, thanks! lol!
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:03 am

Very very disturbing. I'm not being sycophantic here sticking up for Rich, (probably spelt the word wrong anyway) but the guy was asking people what should be on his next DVD??? SNEAKY GROUND MOVES!!! or words to that effect...then gets taken out on the floor in a minute and a half. You did go down in my estimation I have to say Rich by association...what were you thinking??
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 am

LOL! Mick Coup 'no thanks I'll pass on that mate' ha ha ha bwahhh that's the funniest quote for ages!!
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  scott Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:18 am

What made Mick's reply funny for me was the idea of what he was thinking as he wrote it.

lol!

geek

scott

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Grannon Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:25 am

Rob Mac wrote:Very very disturbing. I'm not being sycophantic here sticking up for Rich, (probably spelt the word wrong anyway) but the guy was asking people what should be on his next DVD??? SNEAKY GROUND MOVES!!! or words to that effect...then gets taken out on the floor in a minute and a half. You did go down in my estimation I have to say Rich by association...what were you thinking??

I was thinking he was a good way for me to get into MMA bouts without being made to do 12 months of a judo syllabus with a gi on- Embarassed I would give him a boost on his RBSD profile in return... then I found out he was claiming to have worked the door with me and that I was a bodyguard, I think it was Mick who pointed that out to me to be honest, it was right there on the front page of his outcoldfightclub website

"rich grannon is a close protection operative of many years experience, we worked some rough doors together, got banged up together and went the hospital together" that set the alarm bells ringing- why did he immediately start to tell massive lies about me?

this is what happens though when you get involved with people without checking them out thoroughly though- If I wasnt so lazy there are other clubs you can go through in the northwest and get MMA fights with... bad karma, mea culpa (that means "my fault" Rob Very Happy )
Richard Grannon
Richard Grannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:33 am

Damn you with your education! I would think of long word to counter you but.... scratch
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:34 am

LOTS OF GOOD CLUBS IN THE NORTH WEST BTW
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 pm

I hope they aren't "Bodybuilding" clubs Rob! affraid

Actually the naked pics idea sounds like a good one to me. Everyone should post a clip of themselves performing their combative art absolutely starkers. And not just to give Rob that Jim'll Fit It moment that he so fervently dreams off, but also, to cut down on the "internet warriors" round these here parts (hee hee "parts").
BN
BN

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

It's common knowledge I only train naked anyway.
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  DAlexRBSD Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Hang on, am I missing something here? This all seems incredibly judgemental towards OUTCOLDFIGHTCLUB.ORG (whatever his real name is!). As a relative newcomer I don't know him and I don't know Richie really but reading this thread and reading what's on OUTCOLDFIGHTCLUB.ORG's website forum, it looks like you both have issues with each other. How do I know who's telling the truth, unless this guy has a track record of being an asshole?

I've noticed there's quite a bit of infighting/politics going on in this forum and wonder why that is?

Alex

DAlexRBSD

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm

DAlexRBSD wrote:unless this guy has a track record of being an asshole?

Warmr! Warmer!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuddly Werewolf Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:40 pm

DAlexRBSD wrote:
I've noticed there's quite a bit of infighting/politics going on in this forum and wonder why that is?

Alex
In my humble experience, you will find infighting and politics on pretty much martial arts/self-protection forum that allows for different opinions and has members with different backgrounds. And I have frequented quite a few forums Smile .
Although I am still a newcomer, too, I find there is actually less politics on this forum, compared to some of the others I know.

Cuddly Werewolf

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Rob,

Sorry for the late reply. I agree, training naked is the only way to go really. It's the key to true "reality based" training. And also ideal for MMA. Many MMA organisations are now demanding that their fighters compete naked, so naked training is really on the "bleeding edge" (?).
BN
BN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Bloody Nuisance wrote:Rob,

Sorry for the late reply. I agree, training naked is the only way to go really. It's the key to true "reality based" training. And also ideal for MMA. Many MMA organisations are now demanding that their fighters compete naked, so naked training is really on the "bleeding edge" (?).

It was good enough for the ancient Greeks and they invented MMA....and the UFC...and Pride....and...and...and loads of stuff actually.

Back to top Go down

Post  scott Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:27 am

This is not a personal dig but........ where's Dave?

scratch

scott

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 am

DAlexRBSD wrote:Hang on, am I missing something here? This all seems incredibly judgemental towards OUTCOLDFIGHTCLUB.ORG (whatever his real name is!). As a relative newcomer I don't know him and I don't know Richie really but reading this thread and reading what's on OUTCOLDFIGHTCLUB.ORG's website forum, it looks like you both have issues with each other. How do I know who's telling the truth, unless this guy has a track record of being an asshole?

Alex

Alex:

I strongly suggest you go to this section of the site - https://selfprotection.forumotion.com/q-a-with-mick-coup-f5/ - and read all the sticky articles. Once you've done that, imagine asking the author for a photo of his muscles. Please let us know if that request makes you laugh out loud or not. If it does, welcome to the best self-protection site on the internet!
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next