Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Dave

4 posters

Go down

Hello Dave Empty Hello Dave

Post  SimplyDappa Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:55 am

Hiya Mate,
Thanks for your reply to my other post Very Happy I just had to go try that style of jiujitsu out but it wasnt for me Smile anyway Dave im planning on moving up north in december or early january around hebden bridge area west yorks, so trying to plan ahead alittle and I was wondering where about do you teach yourself? and on what days? Id like to just train in the sdf syllabus if I can what I mean by that is im a novice with only a tiny amount of expirience haha... and also do you do any private instruction and what would the costs be many thanks Dave hope im not bombarding you with to many questions hahaha.

SimplyDappa

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Hello Dave Empty Re: Hello Dave

Post  David Turton Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:02 am

Hi mate

no ask away, its always a pleasure

we are about 45mins to 1 hour from Hebden Bridge which is in WEST Yorkshire, we are in SOUTH Yorkshire
my main training place is in Doncaster, but you would of course be more than welcome

I do teach 'privates' and charge £30 per session of roughly one hour..it often drifts into several minutes beyond that

the SDF classe are on friday evenings at the mo', as the club teaches kickboxing, MMA. grappling etc on other nghts, but the club is available 24/7 as its a private building

let me know when you get to Hebden Bridge an dthen I can invite you over

cheers

Dave

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SimplyDappa Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply mate, it sounds great I cant wait till I move up there now haha Very Happy when I get up there I will give you a call mate, and doncaster isnt very far so I could make it there on fridays and then hopefully sort some privates out, which would help me get all the basics in hahaha as I dont want to jump in to deep to before getting my basics in place, as I know from what ive heard the sdf syllabus is pretty HARDCORE to say the least Smile...anyway thanks again Dave see you soon mate.

SimplyDappa

Back to top Go down

Post  SimplyDappa Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Hiya mate its me again Very Happy had abit of a brain wave haha, just thought as its going to be about 5 months till I move up north I was thinking I dont want to be out of training until I move. Ive got a judo club and a place teaching krav maga local would it be useful to do abit of those until I move up there and start training with yourself? .....and which one would you suggest? sorry about all the questions mate but you did say ask away hahahahaha Laughing

SimplyDappa

Back to top Go down

Post  MJD Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Judo is a great foundation for just about any martial art. It's usually pretty good while other arts vary enormously.

I like Judo. Does it show?
MJD
MJD

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MJD Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:50 pm

What I mean is that while you won't get much actual self-defence in Judo, you'll learn to keep your feet or dump someone else, get a good workout and get loads of 'flight time' with your hands on people, developing an instinctive understanding of how people move.

That'll all be a useful grounding which will help you develop good skills from a sound base.

FWIW it's worth I'm SDF, and I rate Judo highly.
MJD
MJD

Number of posts : 744

Back to top Go down

Post  David Turton Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:46 am

I thinlk on balance I must agree with Martin .. I rate Judo highly

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SimplyDappa Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 am

Thanks guys Judo it is then ..... Laughing

SimplyDappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:44 am

My 12 year old has been training in it for the last 18 onths or so. He always was a bt of a tough nut, but now he's mentally tough too.

One of the things keeping me going in Mick's recent course was knowing that he, at 12, trains easily as hard as we were. Judo is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:11 am

Judo has so much going for it, it's unreal.

Combined with a "street" mentality and some striking training it's a great base for self protection. As a training regime for fitness, strength and conditioning it's second to none.

Don't listen to those who say that injuries are inevitable. Just be sensible and listen to your body.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  SimplyDappa Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks again guys for the replies Laughing I went down and had a chat with the instructer will be training mondays and wednesdays and its part of the BJA association so should be pretty good I hope lol!

SimplyDappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down