Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep breathing exercises?

2 posters

Go down

Deep breathing exercises? Empty Deep breathing exercises?

Post  Ade Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:49 am

Hi Dave,

My physio has recommended doing deep breathing exercises as part of the rehab for my bust rib.

Other than "breathing in and out deeply" are there any specific deep breathing exercises that you know of ?

Thanks,

Ade
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Deep breathing exercises? Empty Re: Deep breathing exercises?

Post  Dave Turton Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:13 am

loads .. but I am loathe to describe a couple as I dont know the extent of the injury/pain in your case.. so one or two may have a minor chance of causing some more pain..

anyway 2 to be going on with

stand in front of something like a mantel piece, that kind of height. about mid chest put your hands palms down on the support/mantle whatever, arms straight out and shoulder width apart...

breathe very deeply in through the NOSE in the upper chest area, then HOLD the breath for a count of seven, at the same time press DOWN with your hands to stretch the rib cage..breath out through the mouth, then repeat 5-10 times

second.. lie on the floor and hold a heavy book over your head at arms length take a deep in breath co-ordinated with you lowering your arms SLOWLY backwards (like a pullover exercise).. when you feel any slight 'pull' just hold that position until you feel you need to breath out, thne let the breath out as you bring your arms abck over your head.. keeping them straight at all times

hope they help mate

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:08 am

Cheers Dave,i'll give my rib a week or two to settle down and then give those a try.

thanks mate,

Ade
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down