Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John, Your bread and butter Combinations?

3 posters

Go down

John, Your bread and butter Combinations? Empty John, Your bread and butter Combinations?

Post  REG999 Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:54 am

Hi John,
What are your bread and butter punching combinations (Both in fight and pre emtion, I heard you have a six punch combo?)? I know everyone is different but what are your favorites or the ones you have got good results with (I like shovel hooks follow up with over heads) ? Because I am interested in the use of punching in a combative manner.

Thank you for answering

REG999

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

John, Your bread and butter Combinations? Empty Re: John, Your bread and butter Combinations?

Post  John Skillen Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:11 am

I like to keep it simple and as you may already know punching can be done from many different angles and positions. i practise and teach punching in one of my seminars i only teach what i've used or seen used to great effect, or what bona fide instructors of true merit and real experience pass on.

My two combos, (very easy to learn until you really look into what your doing) which i would describe as major meat for me.
are straight right followed by three punches to wherever the head is at the time mostly you only need one, perhaps two at the most(to achieve knockout). four is insurance and to get the feel for multiple attackers.
The other is right hook followed by the same as above.

Attend one of my seminars(street effective) for the full breakdown and oodles of relevent information. some guys prefer to punch some prefer the open hand, me i prefer it all, because the situations dictate how, what, where, when and if we defend ourselves.

Thanks for the question your on the right track mate.Wink
take care
John
P.S. As for pre-emption i punch from many positions starting with various simple punch combinations its not what you do but how you do it that matters. If your uk based why not pop along to my next pre-emtion seminar.

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

John, Your bread and butter Combinations? Empty Re: John, Your bread and butter Combinations?

Post  REG999 Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi John,
Thank you for answering. Unfortunatley I am based in Hong Kong. And the time where your seminar is on is not my holiday season. But I will for sure try my best to get to the next seminar if possible. (Is there an age limit?)

REG999

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:39 pm

John

You've GOT to post some vids soon of you punching my friend. I'd love to see your technique.

Jeff
Jeff Menapace
Jeff Menapace

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:50 am

There is no age limit My oldest member is 85 and the youngest is Six. Jeff I promised you i would post a vid about a year ago, no more promises i will do it.bounce
Thanks mate
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:53 am

GREAT!
Jeff Menapace
Jeff Menapace

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down