Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai)

2 posters

Go down

Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai) Empty Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai)

Post  WhatThe... Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:43 pm

Nick,

This month’s Australian ‘Blitz’ magazine includes an article on John Forsyth, an ‘old’ Bob Jones Zen Do Kai guy. According to the article he’s run a full-time body-guarding school in NSW for about a decade. His website quoted in the article is www.intercepttraining.com.

Would John have been around in your early days of Zen Do Kai?? If so, do you have any memories of him??

WhatThe...

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Back to top Go down

Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai) Empty Re: Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai)

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:45 pm

No mate, I don't remember him. Don't forget the organization was spread over the entire country and I was only really familiar with the Queensland guys and, to a lesser extent, some of the Melbourne city crew.

I'd have to know when he began training, what dojo, what rank he obtained and so on to pinpoint him further.

Nick

PS: I did get a chuckle though at his claim to being Australia's leading bodyguard...er based on what criteria? Do they have an annual Body guard competition that he wins that I'm unaware of?
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai) Empty Not sure about timeframe Nick.

Post  WhatThe... Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Nick,

The article doesn't mention years. But says John Forsyth was located in Melbourne during the old Flinders Street days and worked the Southside Six in Moorabbin, which must date back to the 70's (or 80's latest).

Anyway, just thought it might be of interest.

WhatThe...

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Back to top Go down

Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai) Empty Re: Article on John Forsyth (formerly of Zen Do Kai)

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:56 pm

Yeah, I didn't start training in Zen Do Kai until 75 so that would explain why I never heard of him. Next time I catch up with one of the old crew in Oz I'll ask them if they know of him.

N
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down