Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's up and running

5 posters

Go down

It's up and running Empty It's up and running

Post  Nick Hughes Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm

One of the big projects I've been working on is now up and running. I would really appreciate it if my mates here could check out the site and give me any feedback (either via PM or open forum). I know some of the over the top method of American advertising (which works here by the way) might not work over in Europe so any and all feedback would be great.

The idea is that now all the people who contact me and want to train with me and ask me to come do seminars etc can get the training they want in the privacy of their own home.

This is way way better than DVDs due to the amount of material I can teach and how deep I can dig on any single technique. DVDs by their nature have time limitations...this does not.

Please let me know.

Nick Hughes Combatives.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

It's up and running Empty Re: It's up and running

Post  Socrates Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:44 am

Hi Nick.

It's a great idea!

One thing you might like to take another look at is the pricing. IMHO, you could offer two different streams, one for people who just want to learn your system and another for people who want to teach it. The first should be relatively cheap (say 9.99 per month). The second should be expensive, but for a limited period of time (say 999 dollars lump sum or 99 dollars per month for at least a year). Once people are qualified, you can offer them a cheaper price to stay affiliated (say 25 dollars per month plus 5 dollars per student).
Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 am

Nick,

I know some of the over the top method of American advertising (which works here by the way)

It works all over the world, not just America - for a certain demographic of the population. America has no exclusivity on hyperbole. I don't see that as an excuse for taking such an approach to be honest and other American 'big projects' have managed to do just fine without it - Exxon Mobil, Wal-Mart et al.

The idea is that now all the people who contact me and want to train with me and ask me to come do seminars etc can get the training they want in the privacy of their own home.

Why would someone who 'asks to come do seminars' want to stay at home? The privacy? I'm not convinced. That said, the idea of becoming lethal from my armchair sounds ok. It'd certainly save me worrying about whether I'll do alright at the end when you go through the pressure-testing, not to mention easier on the aches, pains and bruises and I wouldn't have to replace my training gear anywhere near as often if I didn't wriggle around on the floor sweating in it quite so much - maybe you're on to something.

[/quote] DVDs by their nature have time limitations...this does not. [quote]

Nor the production costs. Oh, nor the hands-on tuition or the..... (apologies, I don't have time to type the full list at present only I'm back to work tomorrow)

I have to say, I want need one of those rubbish bags!!! The way that guy fell apart. As soon as he saw it coming his way he knew it was all over. He was stunned 'good and proper', immediately dropping his knife and bending over with his hands on his hips, good for the taking - the perfect entry technique. You even managed to deal him all those telling blows to the head and he still couldn't get his hands off his hips - frozen with terror no doubt - I loved it! And we know he won't be recovering any time soon, otherwise you wouldn't have let him keep the knife and left your door unlocked - now that's confidence. I hope you managed to recover your rubbish bag though, you'll be needing that!!

So, do they come on a roll or in a box - I'm just thinking of the p&p that's all, I mean, I've not got money to waste - if I had, I reckon I'd avoid potential attackers altogether by paying to do all my usual things from home..... alone.

Zak

Zak

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 am

I'ts a great idea if its in addition to your "programme", as a stand alone I'm not convinced, but best of luck with it !
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 pm

I tell you what Nick I would avoid that car park.... looks dead rough. I noticed on the first clip they'd even nicked the bin you were going to put that rubbish into.

Seriously I'm in the midst of watching it and I'll give you my serious opinion when I'll have a good mull over it
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down