Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running with the mutt

3 posters

Go down

Running with the mutt Empty Running with the mutt

Post  Faustini Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:40 am

Been looking through some old threads and see that most, even all of my questions are answered already here...so thought I'd just stick a vid up of me, the mutt and the sierra where I live to kinda contribute something here:D 

I foolishly knocked virtually all running on the head a few years back in favour of heavy iron but now I'm settling into yoga, resistance bands and playing about on the mountain like this...and never felt better!

Hope you enjoy the vid8)

ETA Being new I'm not allowed to add links but you can check it out on You Tube, entitled Un Paseo de Domingo...Bullterrier style!

Faustini

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Running with the mutt Empty Re: Running with the mutt

Post  Socrates Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:15 pm

I liked this one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HKWsls5iI

Whenever I have punished my local Spanish beach with my trusty sledgehammer, I have got some very funny looks...
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Faustini Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 am

Cheers for putting the vids up, mate. That mountain's my second home and now the summer heat's over I'll be able to enjoy it even more.

I had my sledgehammer nicked a while back, even though I'd hidden it well (or so I thought:( ) in some very thorny bushes. I had a climbing rope, tractor tyre and sledgehammer, heavy sandbags all up in the hills in a beautiful, remote spot right by a nasty incline of about 50 metres perfect for sprints...but then the owner fenced it all off and stuck a load of cows in there.

Again, cheers!

Faustini

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:04 am

I managed to sneak an old car tyre into my flat in BCN the other day when the missus was out. I hang it from my heavy bag bracket with an old rope and practice hitting it with a kali stick...
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Faustini Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am

Socrates wrote:I managed to sneak an old car tyre into my flat in BCN the other day when the missus was out. I hang it from my heavy bag bracket with an old rope and practice hitting it with a kali stick...
Very Happy Glad to hear I'm not the only one who goes into such action when the missus is out haha. If it's not big rocks being smuggled into the garden for odd object training it's unnecessary fitness purchases like gymnastic rings or yet more kettlebells. Funnily enough just this weekend I promised her that a couple of resistance bands will be the last things I buy in regards to fitness. I'm really going to try to keep my word:lol: 

Faustini

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am

The solution I have come up with is a kinda secret gym. I've got a plant hanging from my heavy bag bracket most of the time, for example, as well as barbells hidden away in obscure corners and kettlebells trying to look decorative in the garden.

Even so, I have got standing order not to buy a blacksmith's anvil under any circumstances!
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:27 am

Socrates, have you seen ho wmuch anvils go for Shocked 

Faustini, I am in love with your dog :-)
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Faustini Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:35 am

Socrates wrote:The solution I have come up with is a kinda secret gym. I've got a plant hanging from my heavy bag bracket most of the time, for example, as well as barbells hidden away in obscure corners and kettlebells trying to look decorative in the garden.

Even so, I have got standing order not to buy a blacksmith's anvil under any circumstances!
I'm lucky that I've got 5 dogs with the run of the place so nobody ever sees my downstairs patio where I've got gymnastic rings, climbing rope etc but the secret gym sounds cool8) Down here we've got 11 months of good weather a year and I'm into doing as much stuff outdoors as possible these days. Think the resistance bands I'm waiting on will fit nicely into my current routine of training with calisthenics during my morning hike with the mutts. Funnily enough they're coming from the Kettlebells Barcelona guy, Leo. Ever trained at his gym? I think he's about the only guy in Spain to get comp 'bells from.

Faustini

Back to top Go down

Post  Faustini Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:38 am

Peter wrote:Socrates, have you seen ho wmuch anvils go for Shocked 

Cheers8) He's just turned a year and is a great example of an athletic Bully. Very terrier-like smartness as well, completely different from the other Bullterriers I've had who just wanted their food and sofa:lol: 

Faustini

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Peter wrote:Socrates, have you seen ho wmuch anvils go for Shocked 

Don't take away my dreams!
Socrates
Socrates

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:36 am

Which dream? The anvil or the puppy love Wink 
Peter
Peter
Admin