Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical

+5
Chris
Wayne Harrison
Jagunco
Nick Hughes
Dave
9 posters

Go down

Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical Empty Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical

Post  Dave Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:03 am

Why on earth were two unarmed Police Officers sent to the report of gunshots and an explosion, in an area where intensive armed patrolling is being carried out daily and has been for the past month??. An area where Police are looking for a man wanted on suspicion of two murders where firearms and grenades were used.

It never fails to infuriate me that Police Officers who are not suitably trained, equipped and or experienced are sent / allowed to go to these situations. This is not an uneducated rant, as I have personal experience from both sides of the fence with regards to dealing with these incidents from both an armed and unarmed point of view.

It saddens me to think that one Police Officer has lost their life and another is lay in hospital with critical injuries Crying or Very sad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19635239

Last edited by Dave on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Back to top Go down

Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical Empty Re: Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical

Post  Dave Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:12 am

Just heard now that the second officer has died Crying or Very sad
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical Empty Re: Two unarmed UK Police Officers shot, one dead one critical

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm

I can't think of anything worse than those 2 standing there while he's shooting them and they have no means of shooting back. I know the cops voted against carrying weapons years ago but that is just asinine.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

I just this minute heard of this on the radio and its appaling.

I can also recall many years when I was in the TA and someone accidentally set the silent alarm off in the armory.... 20 minutes later a WPC was dispatched to make sure it was ok
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm

They were sent to reports of a burglary. It was apparently reported by the suspect. So it looks like he lured them there. The house wasn't in police intelligence, nor was the street linked to the suspect.

I feel that no existing legislation or police procedure could have saved the two. Meaning, everything was done by the book. For the burglary report.

Time will tell why a nutter with guns, in a totally safe house, decided to get himself caught today, after he had deliberately murdered two cops. A criminal will know not much difference between 2 or 4 murders in UK. Some action made him want to get back at the police today. I suspect it might be his irrational response to aggressive policing toward his own support network. Either via police, or some other front line service, maybe social services, whatever.

Being on the run is important, for people on the run. Murder isn't as important. To someone familiar with murder. The same reasoning doesn't apply, that would to normal law abiding folks. He's got upset at the police more than usual, and i bet he's feeling quite satisfied tonight. He dictated how it all played out.

Problem is, the cops have to play by the rules, mostly. Criminals just do whatever the fuck they want. It's not a level playing field. Even though cops do a great job anyhow.

warmest wishes

Wayne

Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 am

I heard last night that it was infact a report of Burglary by the suspect that lured the two female officers into an ambush. I agree that on this occasion there was nothing known regarding this report that could have prevented this act of cold blooded murder.

I still stand by my comment earlier that I have witnessed unarmed staff being sent to reports of gunshots and or sightings of people in possesion of firearms. Regarding my earlier comment, I had read one of the news reports and jumped to the assumption that it was correct.

I hope that any family and friends that have been helping Cregan, whilst he was on the run are arrested and charged. But no matter what happens next none of it will bring back those two officers who where cowardly murdered.
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 am

Tragic. Absolutely tragic.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 am

No other way to describe it Chris.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm

As a fellow cop, I send my full condolences to the familes and friends of the 2 officers killed. This is an absolute tragedy. It actually feels like someone from my own force has been killed such is the similarities between our Police Forces and the policies, right or wrong, that we are forced to operate under.

I sincerely hope the filthy scumbag gets what he deserves.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:23 pm

+1 Mr Nobody

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:47 am

Puts a lot of stuff into perspective. The intent and planning and willingness to kill in this instance is evil and chilling.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake331 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 am

absolutely awful news, but from what I have heard so far there was not much could be done about it in terms of planning and procedure. However this will not stop politicians using the terrible news to enhance their standing by announcing all sorts of reviews and official enquiries (if they had been in charge it would never have happened, they would have funded the Police better etc etc....). No doubt the media will be interviewing everyone within a 1000 miles of Manchester and thoroughly revelling in the misery for weeks too (my girlfriends cousins mate used to live near where the police were killed, I always knew something like that was going to happen...........etc etc), using tragic news as entertainment, as always.

a quote from the BBC web page reporting the incident as an example
Do you live in Greater Manchester? Did you know PC Fiona Bone or PC Nicola Hughes? Please fill in the form below if you are willing to be interviewed on the BBC.

The simple fact is that if someone is going to ambush you with a gun and grenades, I think you are pretty well f****d, no matter what some talking head says on TV.

Jake331

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  combatnige Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 am

Total and utter tragedy

I hope that scumbag gets whats coming to him, and then some

combatnige

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 pm

I see Cregan is charged with the four murders.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  combatnige Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 am

what grips my shit is the PC brigades influence at times like this, i.e. "the alleged killer"

what bollocks!!

combatnige

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:06 am

combatnige wrote:what grips my shit is the PC brigades influence at times like this, i.e. "the alleged killer"

what bollocks!!

Procedure means that in order not to jeopardise the validity of any trial proceedings the media has to be very careful how they report on Cregan. Last thing anyone wants is a trial being thrown out because a successful claim for bais and trial by media was made.

F'ken annoying though, I'm with Nige on that one.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down