Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diet -- Old question

Go down

Diet -- Old question Empty Diet -- Old question

Post  Alan Bec Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:50 am

Trawling through the old forum I found some interesting posts that i feel are worth reviving, here's one of them.

by Paul S

Hi Dave Turton

I know diets are personal to the individual, but I just wondered if you knew anything about the Gracie Diet. It basically consists of food combination. I have followed this for about a year and it has worked very well. However, I train very hard, and often feel quite tired (though this is probably lack of sleep). Are there specific foods you'd recommend to eat more of to complement hard training (the training I do is mostly grappling and pad work, though I'm starting to incorporate weights). I don’t want to bulk up, I just want more energy and the foods I eat to sustain me and help repair muscle damage.

At the moment I just eat the basic foods from all the food groups.

All the best.

Paul.

by Dave Turton
Hi Paul

Right the body uses carbs first (after blood sugar)for energy.. so carb up during the day before you train.. complex carbs such as potatoes and rice..

then the body uses proteins.. such as complete proteins.. so before you go to bed, about an hour or so, have a high protein meal... this helps with muscle recovery and energy levels..

But NOT a dairy product meal.. this sometimes causes tomach bloats..

Tuna, eggs (not overboard on eggs tho')..
Finally the body emulsifies fats for energy.. so you need to seperate the types of foods to ensure better absorbtion and metabolism..
I feel personally that a mainly high carb meal in the morning, then a mixed fat/carbs etc etc ,meal lunch or evening meal, and a pure protein one at night works best .. give it a try , and if you want, e.mail a list of foods you like an dislike and I'll try an work something out for you.. Having said that the Gracie diet has a lot going for it.. but without sounding smug.. The south American food supplies are different than ours.. the higher tepmeratures can make a difference to fat metabolism..

Colder climes tend to make you hang on to your fat supplies longer for insulations and heat retention

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Diet -- Old question Empty Re: Diet -- Old question

Post  mattyboy Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:20 am

Good Thread...

Can any one outline the Gracie Diet for me...

Cheers Matty
mattyboy
mattyboy

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Bec Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:36 am

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content