Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drilling technique for reality

4 posters

Go down

Drilling technique for reality Empty Drilling technique for reality

Post  John Skillen Sun May 13, 2007 5:19 am

Lone training; When drilling techniques for example one of the power slap techniques.

start by slowing warming up with some gentle arm swings and rotations. Once warm stretch the muscles you are going to be putting under pressure.

If training on a bag or dummy make sure that there is sufficent give in the equipment to give a feel of striking a human head.

Start hitting the target in a very easy relaxed fashion paying attention to correct technique. Around twenty to thirty strikes per side of the body.
Increase the tempo maintaining the most important aspect of the powerslap relaxation!

Now the important bit rest for Ten mins then go back to your target visualise yourself in a confrontation try and feel the adrennaline of the situation then let rip with full bore strikes like its the only strike you you will do! pause between each strike and continuing striking untill fatigue sets in.
make sure you maintain relaxation and good form. Rest again until you feel ready to go again. And then do the same for the opposite side start with none dominant side first. you must make this feel real; get really intensly and emotionaly involved in the strike.

when I used the strike for real my body went through the same sort of pressure. But I was able to remain relaxed due to the intensity of the drilling I reguarly perform. This will improve your technique beyond the norm. and make you feel incredibly confident with its use.

I regularly drill the powerslap techniques in One hour slots.
any questions i will glady answer!
Take care
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Drilling technique for reality Empty Re: Drilling technique for reality

Post  Sea Bass Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:39 am

John would you hit with the heel of you hand or use the entire hand? Do you aim for a specific point on your opponents head or is it a general area like the side of the head? Thanks
Sea Bass
Sea Bass

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2006-08-15

http://www.myspace.com/asphaltcombatives

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:00 am

In practise i strike the side of the head specifically the over the ear with the entire hand spread wide as possible. i also target the jaw in a seperate drill utilising the heel of the hand. saying that i have caught someone with just the fingers and almost got a k.o. the guy was moving backward at the time he did'nt want to know after the strike and he kept blinking trying to focus his vision.
the side of the head is a major target and very hard to miss.
John

John Skillen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:09 am

saying that i have caught someone with just the fingers and almost got a k.o. the guy was moving backward at the time he did'nt want to know after the strike and he kept blinking trying to focus his vision.

lol!
Jeff Menapace
Jeff Menapace

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ricardo Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:59 am

Can you tell me how do you prevent telegraphing this technique?

I have never used it, i know it works (because I've read about it), do they never see it coming?

Cheers
Rich

Ricardo

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:24 am

Get a friend to stand in front of you at a distance you feel uncomfortable with this will be about a forearms length now with your hands at your sides try to touch your friend on the ear with your palm. Can he move out of range? can he duck? it will be unlikely your friend will be able to move out of the way, as action beats reaction. most won't see it as it starts below the line of vision. also take into account the mental and emotional sate of you antagonist.
Wink take care
John

John Skillen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down