Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions.

3 posters

Go down

Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions. Empty Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions.

Post  pmatt Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:22 pm

A few members said I should talk to you about training. I havea few medical conditions and suggested I speak to you as youre good and are close to me. Nothing too heavy just wondered if you had a look over my story if you could give a basic yes or no answer or just some feedback of any sort really. Dont worry if you think that I cant do any form, I wont be offended or disheartened.

I have a lot of books from Geoff Thompson at the moment and have been reading them and thought Id just see about more formal training.

I went over a lot of the story in previous posts so I hope you dont mind if I just copy and paste what I put as it basiclaly covers it ok
Yeh mate, I told coops he hasnt replied yet.
Oh boy, its a long drawn out situation so Ill try and cut it into chunks.

Formerly I was ment to have osteoporosis. Of where exactly: unknown. But it centered around the spine and ribs, I crushed a few vertabra aswell.

Now: Dont think Ive got it ( tests said no, but the tests for it might not be right ... dont ask haha ) still got a weak back - possibly due to a weak core but not sure.

Also

Hip problem. diagnosed numerous times. Something along the lines of multi-focal osteomylitis. Basically: Causes pain and weakness in episodes.. which can be started by too much involving that area.
Its not too bad, but recently been a bit worse cos I gained weight I think its given it too much to handle ( fat bastard lol!) So it can affect stuff like running. Might be getting some medication for it soon.

Anyway yeh so weak back - possibly vunerable to vertebral collapse, weak left hip + pain.

Anyway yeh takes a while to expalain but thanks for reading, any ideas much appreciated. Its not too bad, bit of a cunt at times, but yeh.

Cheers lads I really appreciate your help its nice to see and I appreciate you patience.

1) Are you doing any physio / fitness work to strengthen your hip and back? I have physio exercises, Im not doing them at the moment but need to start. This should strength my core.
I was going to the gym on Gp referral, but its a small gym, lots of people and i dont always do what I need to do. There are a few things that could probably help.

2) What kind of art would you choose all things being equal?
If by this you mean I had no issues then: Id either do MMA, or boxing and BJJ which incorporates a some vertical grappling. Elbows and knees are good too, The odd kick is cool, but Im not really bothered about them, maybe the off low or mid kick. But really its punching and grappling. I love punching and floor work.

3) Where are you based?
West sussex. Brighton, southampton and portsmouth are all an hour away or less. Im prepared to travel if its a good/appropriate school/art"

Im 16 years of age, live about an hour away from Southampton. I consider myself quite responsible so don't worry that youve got someone asking just to try and make themselves 'hard'
Id really appreciate any feedback! thanks!

pmatt

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-03-03

Back to top Go down

Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions. Empty Re: Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions.

Post  nightwish Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi, Matt. I suggest you look at the following thread, and watch the video in the first posting.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=713450#post713450

Now that you've done that, I just wanted to say that I was born missing most of my right leg, and have worn a prosthetic since I was 3. I have been training in RBSD for about 4 1/2 years now, and I'm 24. I train mon-fri, and train a mix of intense conditioning, combat training, and strength training. My friend who's a black belt in karate, and owns his own club has said that he's rarely seen anyone train with the intensity that I do.

I've used Lee's, and Senshido's concepts to defend myself time and time again from various assaults, and these concepts have never let me down. Just last november, I was attacked by a knife weilding assailant, and my training worked wonders once again despite how scary that particular incident was.

You can do anything you want to, Matt. The trick is you just need to DO IT, and fuck what anyone else says. Go try a class with Lee. I'd be surprised if you didn't get hooked the first time. Try out a boxing club as well like you mentioned. Just try EVERYTHING you want to, but the important thing is to stick with something that works for YOU, and train your ass off.

Remember that training should not just be about defending yourself. It should be about defending yourself, improving your confidence, becoming a better person, and improving your overall quality of life in general.

nightwish

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Back to top Go down

Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions. Empty Re: Lee, do you ever train those with medical conditions.

Post  pmatt Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey man that was a great message:D Yeh that video was great how cool is that! As someone mentioned, hes great for doing it, so are his family and friends for supporting him, and so is his club.

Thats cool with what you learned man thanks that little speech will have me thinking!

pmatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Morrison Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:13 am

Hi mate
drop me an e-mail when you are free or better still give me a call on 07867923290 and let's see if we can hook up.
Cheers Lee M

Lee Morrison

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  pmatt Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:52 pm

ahh you said hook up yeh cool. Ok well I sent you an email mate!

pmatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down