Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blog

+2
Ade
Nick Hughes
6 posters

Go down

The Blog Empty The Blog

Post  Nick Hughes Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:33 am

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up...the blog is now going strong and official. Originally it was going to be a bit of an experiment and a forerunner to one on real estate I was going to do.

I'm getting such a good response off it I've decided to keep it going permanently. Initially I thought it might detract from what we talk about here and I didn't want to reinvent the wheel but the stuff in the blog, for whatever reason, ends up being different than here.

(some of the blog posts may end up being treated more in depth here. Blogs should be relatively short I'm told so if you see a topic on there you'd like to expand upon here let me know and we'll rip it apart)

For example today's entry touches on a tip from my bodyguarding days and hotel security...that could easily be a full on post on that subject here if you so desire.

The blog can be found at http://www.charlotteselfdefense.blogspot.com/

Regards

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

The Blog Empty Re: The Blog

Post  Ade Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:28 am

Your blog makes good reading,Tootall. Very Happy

Ade
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  the spaniard Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:17 am

Nick,good work and really well presented.
I own a small Hotel and even we take care of the values of the customers i know some shaggy places where one has to sleep with an open eye Shocked
You don't have to go to Morocco to find that places,in LA (or was NY?) Jack Nicolson was stolen (a CD player among other stuff) in a luxurious Hotel.
A few years ago i had to fire a cleaner because a couple of customers had complained of "lost" small items.
My advice is to make friends of the staff (i always give advice to the tourist concerning pickpocketing,etc),use different places to carry your money/credit cards (one of that velcro things on your waist or hanging inside your neck) and the use of a rubber door wedge Cool

the spaniard

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lex Luthor Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 am

Great content, and well written too. Good stuff Nick!
Lex Luthor
Lex Luthor

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mickeybluejeans Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:06 am

I try not to post answers like I'm about to, becuase it makes me look like a brown nose,

but the wedge on hotels doors is so simple its brilliant, I've stayed in some right sh*tholes around the world but never thought to do this.

good one Smile

Mike

mickeybluejeans

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-04

http://www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Blog Empty :-)

Post  Kotengu Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:38 am

been loving the blog since 1st post

any chance of a monthly "example counter" to x,y,z for self defence, security etc video clip

thanks!
Kotengu
Kotengu

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down