Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling

3 posters

Go down

Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling Empty Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling

Post  Kotengu Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:25 am

Hi Guys~

nick hughes, others;

do you have any information, stories etc in regards to Gary Spiers studies and training in Jujutsu and wrestling (catch i think) please?

what styles, teachers, places, etc especially NZ and OZ eras but all

and anything Gary Spiers :-) but yeah interested in the jujutsu and wrestling side of it.

thanks~

Kot.
Kotengu
Kotengu

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Back to top Go down

Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling Empty Re: Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling

Post  Nick Hughes Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:44 pm

Mate,

You're better off asking Den this..he had a much more personal relationship than I did with Gary.

Gary trained in Zen Do Kai in Oz (same style I did) but he trained in Melbourne and I trained in Queensland. I heard a lot about him of course, and later on, when I became Chief Instructor to the Honbu in Melbourne and Bob's bodyguard (sound's pretentious given he could kick all our arses) I heard a lot more about him directly from Bob while living at his house.

Funnily enough we both met for the first time in London while I was bodyguarding Frank Warren at London Arena. Gary turned up with a team of young kick boxers for some show and I went out and introduced myself.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling Empty Re: Gary Spiers - Jujutsu and Wrestling

Post  Kotengu Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:07 am

Thanks Nick.
Kotengu
Kotengu

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:35 am

Jesus Nick, your life story would make some read.
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Therein is the problem with life storys mate... Very Happy Mine's not over yet.

One day I'll get around to it I hope but compared to some of the guys I know I think mine's pretty damn dull. I meet people like Marcus Wynne, Lofty Weismann, Hock Hockheim et al...and my experiences pale into insignificance (maybe when I'm old as them... Very Happy )

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:54 am

OK, maybe the story so far... I'd buy it.
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down