Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's it like on the Doors these days?

3 posters

Go down

What's it like on the Doors these days? Empty What's it like on the Doors these days?

Post  Jagunco Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 am

Hi

I'm having to take second job soon to get some money together and I was wondering that the Door scene is like at the moment. I realy don't go out pubbing and clubbing and no one seems to mention it these days so I was wondering what the pay/conditions/legal side was like atm.

Also if anyone knowns anyone in the Newcastle area looking for door staff let me know.
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

What's it like on the Doors these days? Empty Re: What's it like on the Doors these days?

Post  Steve bungle Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 am

To be honest mate, unless you're desperate i would'nt bother!
Pay depends or who you work for, where your working and you ability as a doorman. Basically due to the S.I.A, doorstaff are now more restricted than ever before, to a degree you become a walking target some times.

Steve bungle
Steve bungle

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-02-21

Back to top Go down

What's it like on the Doors these days? Empty Re: What's it like on the Doors these days?

Post  Jagunco Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Unfortunately I'm desperate, I can barely live on the wage I'm on now and I want to have money again to start my training and studying again and that'll require a second job.

I do remember the SIA though and that nothing good was said about them at the time, hence me starting this thread
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Do you have your SIA door licence ? if not you will have to do the most tedious 3 day course, covering everything they recon you have to know, all bollox, 1 day of this is physical intervention, again all bollox, unless you can defeat an angry punter, flying off his head with a friendly cuddle and a stern nod, ok, so this will cost you anything up to £150........but wait......next you have to apply to the SIA for your badge, make sure your convictions (if you have any don't disbar you) basically its a backround check, for this pleasure you will pay £220, the downside in this is even if you can't get badged they still take the fee.

It may take a while for the badge to come through if you get it, be warned you can not work until you have the badge on your person, don't believe anyone telling you different, if caught you will be burnt, certain peoples go out to look for unbadged Door Staff.
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 am

Yes mate cheers I was aware of the 'course' I was one of the frist to take it some years ago when it became manditory, probably out of date now. I wasn't aware how much it cost these days though and its highway robbery if you ask me. You have to work something daft like 6 nights or so before you even get money back.
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down