Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDK old days

2 posters

Go down

ZDK old days Empty ZDK old days

Post  swosone Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:10 pm

Hey Nick,

I'm new to this forum and quite enjoy the old stories about ZDK. I was wondering if you knew of a Rob Rushton (Bushido Dojos) whilst in your travels in QLD, I trained under him for about 8 years until he gave it away due to work committments. Also, I have not trained in about 8 years due to various injuries and work committments being in law enforcement. I feel pretty good now and I'm keen to get back into some training, I'm keen to go and train under Kaicho Anderson can you tell me a little more about him if possible?
swosone
swosone

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

ZDK old days Empty Re: ZDK old days

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:31 pm

I knew Robbie and his brother Glen very well...in fact, if memory serves Rob and I tested for black belt together.

Malcolm was my (and Robbie's) main instructor as he was the head of Qld for the organization and he's very bloody good. I'd attribute about 70% of my ability to his instruction.

From what I understand Malcolm broke away from Bob a few years back and who's fault that was depend on whose side you listen to. Of course that won't detract from what Malcolm is capable of teaching you.

Good luck with the training and say hi to them (Mal and Robbie if you ever see him again) when you get back on the dojo floor.

Nick

PS Mate, shoot me a PM about your law enforcement...I've got some mates on the job and I'd be curious if you've run into them at all?
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down