Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martial arts apparel

+15
Nick Hughes
mickeybluejeans
Dave
tonyk
Chris
Peter
David Turton
Mr Nobody
BobW.
Wayne Harrison
jesse
Jagunco
theycallme-Sam
combatnige
Ace Ventura
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Martial arts apparel - Page 3 Empty Re: Martial arts apparel

Post  Mr Nobody Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 pm

theycallme-Sam wrote:
Mr Nobody wrote:
BN wrote:, a bit like going around in your karate gi or Kung Fu suit.

Good point BN. I prefer my ninja gi complete with hood, sandles and claws for scaling office blocks.

I don't know why people are so negative towards it...ninja gi's are the height of coolness.

I don't know why people are Negative towards you when wearing a Ninja suit. When i walk around the street in mine no one can see me anyway.

It's only the martial arts community who are negative....much like you (although I haven't reached your mastery of invisibility yet), the general public look upon me with a mix of envy and admiration.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  RichardZ Wed May 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Mr Nobody wrote:

It's only the martial arts community who are negative....much like you (although I haven't reached your mastery of invisibility yet), the general public look upon me with a mix of envy and admiration.

mix of envy and admiration?

RichardZ

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete Sat May 19, 2012 8:21 am

Never been inclined to wear any martial or 'combative' type gear, just not my cup of tea. Nothing against anyone that does but it isn't my thing.
Having said that I understand anyone who owns, runs or instructs at a Martial Arts School wearing a T shirt or jacket as advertising.

Re the wearing of football team shirts I see a slight difference there. I suppose most people who wear them do so as a show of support, ie 'I support ...whatever team'. They're not trying to pretend that they actually play for that team. Seems to me that some of the people who wear MMA t shirts , (talking about the wannabes not the guys who actually train), are trying to convey the message , I am a MMArtist, subtext being, 'I'm hard, don't mess with me" , at least that's how I interpret it rightly or wrongly. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

As BN says....When it comes down to it, it's no one else's business what another person wears. As long as the MMA fight wearer isn't acting like a twit, then what's the problem?
That's true, no problem and not my business what they wear but we were asked about feelings and opinions etc

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 am

BN wrote:Let us talk boldly as men do,

Forgot to say that when I was on Cartmelpete's competition team, we all wore Lady Gaga fight shirts and leggings. Cartmel also wanted all the fighter's to wear six inch stilleto heels as well. Unfortunately, on the night the heels were premiered, one of my team mates slipped, broke his neck, and died instantly on his way to the ring. So that idea had to be knocked on the head.

Oh BN you're too modest by half, not taking credit for the Lady Gaga theme. I remember when you turned up prattling on about the rainbow, LGBT rights, homophobia and sensitivity training and said that to show we were secure in our self images, (whatever that and the other psychobabble you were spouting means), that we'd all dress up in Lady Gaga costumes.

Of course we all pretended to go along with the ludicrous charade and told you we'd do it if you'd dress up first.

Well, BN goes into the changing rooms and 10 minutes later.... ta da...to the opening bars of Shirley Bassey's Big Spender out he swishes, tosses back his hair and stands hand on hip holding the pose....... Then.... the guy with the cd switched to AC/ DC's live version of Riff Raff and cranked it up full bore. BN started screeching about us being Philistines and uncultured, knuckle dragging rednecks, which of course the guys took as the highest of compliments.
Oh how we laughed and chortled with glee, especially as we'd all put on our Tapout sweatshirts and shaved our heads whilst BN was inside getting into Lady Gaga mode.
BN, I must also apologise for the soaking you got. I really don't know which insensitive brute turned the hosepipe on you.
Oh what a sight, poor old BN looking completely forlorn and bedraggled with his mascara running. On behalf of team cartmelpete I offer my most sincere apologies......really.

Talking boldly as men do of course.

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sat May 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Hahaha! Classic!
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Thu May 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Bravo Cartmel! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That semi-fictional account was spot on. I'm not into Shirley Bassey anymore though. Too many bad memories. Shocked
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3