Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what's your favourite routine?

4 posters

Go down

So what's your favourite routine? Empty So what's your favourite routine?

Post  Ade Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 am

Bodybuilding,pure strength,or anywhere in between...what's top of your list for routines?

for me it has to be either

Squats
Bench press
Bent row
(performed in the 5x5 protocol)

or

Deadlift
Bench press
(very low reps,5-10 sets)
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

So what's your favourite routine? Empty Re: So what's your favourite routine?

Post  mickeybluejeans Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 am

I've gone from a traditional body building workout which I've followed for the last 27yrs!! to a wieghtloss programme of a daily 90min hard cross- country cycle followed by a 25min weights on just one body part... so bench press, dips, incline one day, back the next then I'll change to arms one day. a total miss-mash as long as I do a hard cardio and some hard weights I'm happy. I'm lucky that I have a fully equipped gym in my outbuilding ( I bought a lot of kit from a commercial gym that went bust)

I've got to the point were I've seen it, done it and bought the t shirt.... now I'm 47 I don't care what they say you should do for maximum results I just do anything as long as I'm working hard I don't care

mickeybluejeans

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-04

http://www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 pm

mickeybluejeans wrote:
I've got to the point were I've seen it, done it and bought the t shirt.... now I'm 47 I don't care what they say you should do for maximum results I just do anything as long as I'm working hard I don't care

I hear that!

These days the heaviest thing i lift is a 70lb kettlebell...come to think of it,that's the only thing i lift!
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Kettlebells rock, although it's a love/hate thing because some of the programs are damn hard.

There's a 3.1km run near where I live that has a fitness trail combined.....its hard and varies your training from a normal run.

All these things are great, but I stil prefer to hit pads, spar, or wrestle with someone.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:59 am

because of the classes I've been taking lately I'm very much into my kettlebells atm. I'm of the persuation though like micky that anything that gets you blowing is good. If I have a random five minutes I like to do pyramids on the kettlebell swings up to ten and then down.
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down