Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back To The Future.

2 posters

Go down

Back To The Future. Empty Back To The Future.

Post  jasonr Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi Nick.

I am a regular reader of your posts and find them really interesting.

I have a question for you.

I have a chronic back complaint that lets me train reasonably intensely but does give me a little pain here and there.

My problem is psychological. I am concerned that if I needed to go 100 percent, that my back would fail.

This fear plants a little seed of doubt that gnaws away at my confidence. I also do a little security work where confidence is at a premium.

If you were able to offer me any advice (psychological rather than physical), that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Jason.

jasonr

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Back To The Future. Empty Re: Back To The Future.

Post  Nick Hughes Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Jason...I appreciate the question mate but I'm not really qualified to answer as I'm not a psychiatrist. (Having just re-read that it sounds as if I'm being flippant but I assure you I'm not.)

I would get checked out by an MD first and find out exactly what ails you regarding your back. That would go a long way in putting your mind at rest regarding what you can and can't do. For example my back surgeon told me - after reviewing my MRI - one more good hard knock and I could be paralysed for life as I have both bulging discs and spinal stenosis. That, obviously concerns me, and I have to think long and hard about things like skydiving and motorcycle riding.

You might find in your case it's nothing at all to be worried about which I'm sure would help your state of mind.

Only if my M.D told me I had no problems, and I still harboured concerns/fear etc would I then think about seeing a shrink or hypnotist to try and get to the bottom of what might be causing the angst.

Hope that helps mate...sorry I couldn't be of more help on this one.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down