Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wing Chun

2 posters

Go down

Wing Chun Empty Wing Chun

Post  vinnyc Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:05 pm

Hi

Nick you sound as thoughtyou have had an interesing life? With regards to the legion and the Rep, did you ever come across a friend of mine, Don Mc Kinney (from Derry Ireland) or Soupy Campbell. I believe they both served in the Rep, Corisca and Africa. Don spoke a lot about the English speaking guys hanging out together (The English Mafia).

Curious, why the interest in wing chun?

Thanks

Vinny

vinnyc

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-17

http://www.systemanorthwest.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wing Chun Empty Re: Wing Chun

Post  Nick Hughes Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:02 pm

Vinny,

Their names don't ring any bells mate but there are a few reasons for that. One, a lot of guys changed their names when they joined the Legion and/or had nicknames when they were there. So I know "pudding" and "swampy" and "jock" but have no idea what there real names are.

Also, I was only in the REP for a short while because I was too big for the French parachutes and so, after breaking and spraining my ankles a number of times on jumps, they told me to bugger off.

Lastly it would depend what years they were there. Some pommies join the REP and re-enlist and are in there for years and years...others do two years and transfer out. If they weren't there the years I was there'd be little chance of me knowing them.

Wing Chun was because I had a motorbike accident here and wanted to learn something to spice my hands up as kicking with herniated discs was out of the question. I'd always had a goal to learn some kung fu and said if I did WC would be the one I'd study due to it being based on scientific principles as opposed to trying to fight like an animal. (which never made any sense to me given we're at the top of the food chain)

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down