Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 September 2007 press release

+2
melvinfferd
steve morris
6 posters

Go down

14 September 2007 press release Empty 14 September 2007 press release

Post  steve morris Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:50 am

Primal is a joint venture between legendary martial artist Steve Morris and Anthony Pillage and is based in Coventry at The Way of the Spiritual Warrior Dojo. Anthony Pillage is widely known for his work as the seminar and workshop organiser for the SENI show, the biggest martial arts festival in the world but his impressive CV also includes Martial Arts Club coach of the Year 2006, British Combat Association Coach, National Sho Go Ryu Karate Champion 2006, Shikon Coach and Finalist in Coventry Citizen and Teacher of the Year 2007. As impressive as these credentials are, Anthony points out why he was delighted to have Steve Morris head-up Primal.

“I firmly believe there is no-one in the world today with the depth and breadth of knowledge of reality martial arts than Steve Morris. To have the opportunity of working closely with a genuine martial arts legend is such a privilege and I believe that Primal will change many perceptions of how martial arts is taught and addressed both in the UK and throughout the world.”

Primal is an open environment that will train martial artists from beginner to professional fighter across two classes a week, each class three hours in duration. One class will promote the Morris Method for martial artists and students of self protection, including weapons such as the knife and stick, whilst the other will feature the Morris Method as applied purely to MMA; multidimensional fight training from stand-up to ground.

Both classes include conditioning, fitness, strategy/tactics and psychology and are guaranteed to be competitive and challenging (would you expect anything else from Steve Morris?) but safe and conducted in a friendly atmosphere. Students will benefit from direct instruction by Steve Morris himself, geared to each individual’s needs and developed from Steve’s many years at the forefront of martial arts development. This is what the man himself had to say about Primal-

“I've spent many years developing a method that allows people to prepare realistically and safely for all of the dimensions of a violent encounter, and for me this venture represents an opportunity to get my method out there to the public. I've had a lot of success with individuals training in this method, and I'm confident that we can get great results on a larger scale.”

This unique initiative accepts people of all backgrounds and abilities with the sole intention of giving them high-intensity training that will leave them feeling high and, more importantly, taking their martial arts to another level. This news has already excited big names in the industry, including the likes of Mick Coup and Steve Rowe-

I'm excited at the prospect of seeing more of what Steve Morris has to offer. In terms of teaching and training ability, not to mention pedigree and real experience, I truly believe few can match him. Tony Pillage is the man to make this happen to everyone's benefit, his outstanding organisational acumen and drive are the ideal vehicle for the development and success of the "Primal " project.
Mick Coup Core Combatives

The partnering of Martial Arts genius Steve Morris, with the central location, excellent training facilities and boundless energy of Tony Pillage has given anyone in the UK the unique opportunity of being able to restructure their martial arts training from the ground up.
Steve Rowe 7th Dan MASA & Shikon Chairman, MAI columnist

Are you ready to go Primal with Steve Morris?

-------------

Tony initiated this idea about ten days ago, and since then we've been having intensive discussions about how we can make this work for both of us, and for benefit of the UK martial arts in general. He's worked like crazy to set up the framework for Primal, and in a few weeks I'll be holding the first course down at his place.

Just to clarify one small point of nomenclature: what Tony and I are calling 'Primal' is a brand name for my method in application. We're not doing 'Primal martial arts.' It may seem like splitting hairs, but I don't want to end up getting called the founder of the 'Primal System' or something!

Tony's got a great facility down in Coventry. He's redone the gym, matted the walls, re-matted the floor, and made a huge commitment to this project. Naturally I'll be bringing my usual energy and knowledge to the table. Now all we need is you. Hope to see you at the courses.

-- Steve Morris
steve morris
steve morris

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-08-01

http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk

Back to top Go down

14 September 2007 press release Empty Re: 14 September 2007 press release

Post  melvinfferd Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:12 am

thats brilliant news steve. what a great opportunity for those living within driving distance of coventry. next time im in the uk ill be there for sure.

melvinfferd

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2006-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Les Turpin Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:27 am

Steve...

it sounds great, have Tony and you discussed maybe doing seminars around the country in the future ? the south ? essex ?
Les Turpin
Les Turpin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  JonLaw Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:36 am

This is great news, I'm well chuffed. Expect our lot to attend regularly. Jon

JonLaw

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  bikergirl Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:35 am

Great news for us indeed. Any idea yet on when it's going to start?
bikergirl
bikergirl

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  steve morris Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:13 am

Les: I was teaching out of monster gym in Essex for nearly two years, but as usual it was hard to get the numbers up.

Bikergirl: We're kicking of on Sunday 7 October, and every Sunday thereafter.

Thanks everybody for your support. Hope to see some of you there.
steve morris
steve morris

Back to top Go down

Post  bob Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi Steve,
I will be in the UK on the 14 Dec so that following Sunday would be okay for me. I look forward to seeing you later in the year.
Im currently recovering from eye surgery but expect a full recovery by then. Cheers, Ken

bob

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Les Turpin Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:55 am

Les: I was teaching out of monster gym in Essex for nearly two years, but as usual it was hard to get the numbers up.

sorry Steve, was that a kind of " you had your chance you twat" answer ??? lol!

well you would be welcome back here mate and i would certainly get as many people as possible to attend a seminar Very Happy
Les Turpin
Les Turpin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  steve morris Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:40 am

I really had a laugh at your reply.

Hey, you set it up. I'll be there. I'm working in Coventry ever Sunday from 7 October, so the only realistic days are Saturdays. Just pm me if you want to talk about it.
steve morris
steve morris

Back to top Go down

Post  JonLaw Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:30 am

Missed the first session last week but made the second yesterday. The training was brilliant. SMs use of the medicine ball was great, above and beyond that which I’ve seen before and really only limited by your own imagination. This approach was common throughout the training; use your imagination, do not be limited.

We covered a lot of detail in striking, aimed at improving the power in your shot. While SM threw a lot at us it all worked together holistically. SM’s approach is truly principal based, concepts underpinning human movement are adapted to striking and the like resulting in faster more powerful strikes and movements. While we may not retain everything the content, and so concepts are applicable across all areas of training. Therefore, they remain applicable regardless of the phase of the fight covered, unless tactically inappropriate. No doubt these underpinning principals will be repeated many times in numerous ways as the sessions continue, and so will become ingrained over time.

SM’s approach often leaves you wondering why you hadn’t thought of ‘that’ before as the utility of something seemingly simple has, somehow passed you by. For example, the human body works on pulling rather than pushing, muscles contract to pull tendons across joints affecting movement at the joint. Incorporating this concept improved the speed of movement for everyone attending. Simple, effective yet deeply explorative SM’s style of teaching, blending complex science with everyday analogies allows everyone scope to improve as a martial artist regardless of back ground.

The content of the training ranged from physical to mental, involved science, common sense deductions and was delivered appropriately to the level of those attending, despite there being a wide array of ability and experience present. Suffice to say everyone had plenty to take away and work on from the training presented on the day. That was a great start but there is so much more to come. I encourage everyone to make the effort and attend, I am certain that everyone attending would improve as a martial artist. Coventry is slap in the middle of the country and so should be accessible to all, so what you waiting for?

JonLaw

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down