Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WW2 Combatives Training NYC!!!

+2
Ron Evans
zenshin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WW2 Combatives Training NYC!!! Empty WW2 Combatives Training NYC!!!

Post  zenshin Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Hello,

I know I am not a frequent contributer to this forum, but I do read a lot of the topics on a regular basis. If the Mods feel that my ad is Inappropriate please feel free to remove it.

Mathew Temkin is looking for people that are interested in learning WW2 Combatives in NYC area. He is looking to put a small group together that are looking to learn Authentic WW2 Combatives nothing fancy just a group of guys/gals looking to learn real hard-core self-defense.

Mathew Temkin has spent the last 20 years working a a Court Officer and in Private Security. His training in Combatives came from his father who was an Army Ranger in WW2 and was part of Applegates mob back in the day. He also spent 5 yeas training Directly with Carl Cestari. He also has a traditional background in MA, but heavily favors WW2 combatives.

If anyone is interested please send me a private message or you can e-mail Mr. Temkin directly at temahedysa@aol.com and let him know zenshin gave you the e-mail lol.

Have a good day my friends!!!

zenshin

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-09-09

Back to top Go down

WW2 Combatives Training NYC!!! Empty Re: WW2 Combatives Training NYC!!!

Post  zenshin Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 am

Also the forgot to mention the training is free

zenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Evans Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:07 am

Zenshin,

Can you confirm for me that Mr.Temkin senior was indeed OSS?

Ron.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2006-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  zenshin Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:45 am

Best to send an e-mail to the e-mail that I provided to Mat Temkin, he can def. give you all the info since it was his father. I am just tring to spread the word to get people interested in training.

zenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  zenshin Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:46 am

just let him know zenshin gave you the e-mail.

Also molossus who writes on this forum has trained with him and can vouch for his skills.

zenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baggio Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 am

Hey mate,

Anyone that has trained with Carl Cestari is alright in my book. Smile I hope it goes well for you guys. If I lived in NY I'd be there in a shot. I've love to train with Mr. Temkin.

Good luck,

B.

Baggio

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  zenshin Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:36 am

Thanks, but it is a bit hard to get people interested here in NYC , that is why I am going on so many forums trying to put together a group of guys so we can train.

zenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Coops Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:08 am

Ron Evans wrote:Zenshin,

Can you confirm for me that Mr.Temkin senior was indeed OSS?

Ron.

Ben Temkin, Matt's Dad, saw service Derbys Rangers during WWII. He is a very switched on fellow.

Coops
Coops
Coops

Number of posts : 1427

http://www.mdcconsultants.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Evans Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:52 am

Not disputing that but,Derby's Rangers were not OSS.

I'm only curious because previously Temkin jr. has also stated his father trained with Fairbairn.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Evans Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:02 am

.......Or,was it Sykes?
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  bukweetz Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:10 am

if you get the chance train with Matt do so.

I have trained with him twice in the uk, and both sessions have been excellent.
bukweetz
bukweetz

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-08-17

http://groups.msn.com/EXPLOSIVESELFDEFENCESYSTEMSTANNESGROUP

Back to top Go down

Post  zenshin Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:41 pm

It could be my mistake Applegates/Fairbairn can't remember. I wil ask, he told me before, I just get confused with names. Especialy with these guys.

I wrote this up quick just to get an ad out so we can start training lol. If I made the mistake I aplogize.

zenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  bukweetz Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:18 pm

if i remember correctly, matt's links are to applegate.
bukweetz
bukweetz

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-08-17

http://groups.msn.com/EXPLOSIVESELFDEFENCESYSTEMSTANNESGROUP

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Evans Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:55 am

According to the first post his father 'ran with Applegate's mob'.

'Applegates mob' = OSS.

Previously he has stated his father trained with Sykes.

By the time Temkin Sr. was in the UK,Sykes was training the SOE.

If that is so,his father is a direct link to at least two of the 'names' of WW2 combatives.And,has operated,perhaps,with both SOE and OSS.

Now,can this be confirmed?
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Temkin Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Dear Lord...this is what happens when I say yes when asked to run a free training group.
My dad was in Darby's Rangers.
I trained with Carl Cestari for 5 years.
I was in contact with Col. Applegate for 7 years and spent a week at his ranch in 1996.
My dad was never in the O.S.S.
As to his training with Sykes..Carl mentioned that my dad looked as if the system he was taught was heavily influenced by Sykes.
I am sorry if this led to any confusion.
If there are those who find my credentials lacking then they are welcome to train with someone else.
PS..my dad's ranger service can be verfified at www.rangerfamily.org.

Matthew Temkin

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Baggio Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi Matt,

It's a pity you had to check out this forum, with all this scrutiny going on. I'm not sure why Ron has taken such an interest in your background - Hopefully the matter can now be put to bed, and the thread can resume with it's original purpose. I think it's a very nice gesture to offer free training to people who are interested in NYC (not many guys doing that these days). I hope it goes well!

Anyway on a more positive note, I'm really looking forward to hooking up with you and Martin at some point in the near future.

Take care,

Baggio. (AKA - Rob Pepper)

Baggio

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Temkin Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:24 pm

Roger that.
No problem..I have been slammed and insulted for decades.
And that is just from my mother!!!
PS..an US Army unit asked me to train them which I agreed to do so for free.
They asked for a brief bio of myself so, for those who care, here it is..

INTRODUCTION TO MATT TEMKIN

My introduction to WW2 Combatives came at around the age of eight, which was sometime around 1960.
I saw a really nice judo move on TV and my dad decided to show me how it was done.
I did not know it then, but my father was a veteran of Col. Darby’s 1rst and 4th Ranger Bns. who saw extensive combat from Africa to Anzio.
After returning from overseas in June, 1944 he was eventually stationed as a hand to hand combat instructor at Ft. Hamilton until his discharge in October, 1945.
He passed on much of his hard won knowledge to me and set the stage for my life long interest in combatives, martial arts and practical shooting.
In 1979 I became a NYC Court Officer which opened the door to the law enforcement training circuit, and allowed me to pick the brains of many grizzled NYPD, Correction and other law enforcement officers.
Their lessons later paid off on saving my life and the lives of a few others in my 20 year career.
I began training other officers soon after my appointment and have been involved in the training, research and teaching of these methods.
I am a certified N.R.A. Police Handgun/Shotgun Instructor and a NYS Armed Security Guard Instructor.
I married a Swedish woman in 1992 and on my regular trips overseas to visit the in laws I have trained many Swedish SWAT, regular police and some Swedish military units in armed and unarmed close combat.
I was also asked to teach some classes in Poland (2003 & 2004) where I met/trained with many former Soviet bloc military vets/instructors.
After one such seminar I was invited by a Polish police captain to go with him to Lublin and teach point shooting to his Anti-terrorist team.
I have taught combat shooting & combatives at several police conferences, mainly for the International Assoc of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and the Massachusetts Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and Armorer’s Associations at Camp Devons, Mass. Most of the students at these classes were either police SWAT or military instructors. I have also taught numerous law enforcement officers--NYPD, Port Authority PD, Long island, NY police officers, etc etc, as well as private security/armored car personnel in both group and private venues.
I have also had several of my unarmed combat articles published in Black Belt, Karate Illustrated and Warriors magazines.
I would like to do a 2-3 day hands on presentation on hand to hand combat, knife fighting, knife defense and the close combat use of the rifle/handgun.
Topics would include mental attitude, basic hand/foot/knee blows, simple trips/throws, escaping common grabs/holds as well as reactive shooting at CQB distances.
There is nothing complicated about these methods and they are fast to learn and require minimal practice to maintain efficiency.
And their combat efficiency is a matter of historical record.

Edited to add..I met Carl Cestari--thanks to Geoff Todd--in 1991 and spent the next 5 years as his devoted student.
To be honest 90% of what I teach comes directly from him.

Last edited by on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Matthew Temkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Evans Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Rob,

I have no to,very little, interest in Mr.Temkin Jr's background.

On the other hand,Mr.Temkin Sr's exemplary and distinguished war record,seemed to be even more interesting than it actually was.Due to what can now be seen to be an ill-thought out,throwaway remark in the first post.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  zenshin Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 pm

I ask matt to respond to this thread to clear things up. Since he was gracious enough to come on here to clear the air, lets put it to a rest now.

Baggio, it is great that Matt is doing a free training group for anyone interested. Someone of his caliber to offer free training is a rarilty today. I feel privlaged and honored that he would allow me to train with him.

zenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Coops Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:21 am

Baggio wrote:Hi Matt,

It's a pity you had to check out this forum, with all this scrutiny going on. I'm not sure why Ron has taken such an interest in your background - Hopefully the matter can now be put to bed, and the thread can resume with it's original purpose. I think it's a very nice gesture to offer free training to people who are interested in NYC (not many guys doing that these days). I hope it goes well!

Anyway on a more positive note, I'm really looking forward to hooking up with you and Martin at some point in the near future.

Take care,

Baggio. (AKA - Rob Pepper)

And that looks like being at a small training seminar just outside Gdansk in May. I'm half packed already. Baggio, bring paracetamol, more the vodka than the hitting, but the two combined can be a bummer Laughing

Coops

ps - only joking. About the vodka that is Very Happy
Coops
Coops

Number of posts : 1427

http://www.mdcconsultants.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:46 am

Thanks for your tolerant and gracious posting, Matt. I doubt many people have your background or depth of training.

I only wish I was in a position to take advantage of your very generous offer to train people. I'd have even been glad to pay!

If you ever come to the UK I for one would do my best to attend a seminar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Baggio Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:28 am

Coops wrote:
And that looks like being at a small training seminar just outside Gdansk in May. I'm half packed already. Baggio, bring paracetamol, more the vodka than the hitting, but the two combined can be a bummer Laughing

Will do mate!....mmmmmm...Vodka.

R.

DaveCollins wrote:Thanks for your tolerant and gracious posting, Matt. I doubt many people have your background or depth of training.

I only wish I was in a position to take advantage of your very generous offer to train people. I'd have even been glad to pay!

Well said Dave...

Baggio

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Temkin Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Gents..I am always looking for an "excuse" to re visit the U.K.
And next time I would like to take a side trip to the former commando training center in Scotland.

Matthew Temkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baggio Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:22 am

Great stuff Matt! Count me in... Plus, if you ever feel like a trip over to the Emerald Isle while you are over in the UK - you've got a place to stay.

R.

Baggio

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Evans Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 am

Dave Collins,

If you want to train get in touch with me.
I'm not that far away,and it would be free.
If background is important to you -
Well,I've got one of those too!

Ron.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next