Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It All Bloody Works

2 posters

Go down

It All Bloody Works Empty It All Bloody Works

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:39 pm

The other day someone was asking for a recommendation for a weight training routine and it got me thinking.

You know what. I don't think it really matters which one you do as they all work.

Think about it for a second. Pick up any weight training mag and there will be a collection of behemoths within all touting their latest greatest way they built their pecs/abs/arms/legs etc etc.

Over the years I've forgotten more methods than I've seen...super sets, split routines, pyramids, pre-exhaust, one body part per day and so on.

If only one of these systems worked well guess what? There'd be one big fooker and every one else would look like Slacky (except for his neck...he does have a very big pre-exhausted neck Very Happy ) However, that's not the case...they're all monsters.

The key then isn't to find the one that works...it's to find the one that works FOR YOU.

Nick

Personally, I do all of them. I get so bored sticking to one system for more than a week I'm ready to toss it all in so I switch the damn things round constantly (or did when I lifted on a regular basis)
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

It All Bloody Works Empty Re: It All Bloody Works

Post  samurai69 Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:57 am

youre right, they all work and most BBers have tried most of them, the important thing is variety, the body learns and adapts

Any system of training will also work better and faster on a relatively untrained athlete, once the body has learnt and addapted its time to change the routine

all IMO
samurai69
samurai69

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2006-08-15

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr

Back to top Go down