Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question after watching Modern Street Combat

3 posters

Go down

Question after watching Modern Street Combat Empty Question after watching Modern Street Combat

Post  REG999 Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:52 am

Hi Dave,
I just finished your MSC 2 dvds set. I want to ask will the knife hold up defense techniques still have the possbility to work if the attacker is grabing your shirt also with the other hand? Because the other arm might always be in the way?

Thanks

REG999

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Question after watching Modern Street Combat Empty Re: Question after watching Modern Street Combat

Post  Dave Turton Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:24 am

Good question mate.. and one we asked ourselves..
in training and a bit of 'pressuring', we found it was still valid.. but I am more than open to any criticism

However.. its still a bit unusual for someone to approach you with a knife already in one hand and then grab with the other and you not see the knife hand and deal with it accordingly.

but valid question anyway.. but one we feel is covered.

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Question after watching Modern Street Combat Empty Re: Question after watching Modern Street Combat

Post  REG999 Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:40 am

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply, I will try it with a partner to see how it goes. BTW it's very satisfying to see the stuff I thought about with my training partner during dynamic knife drill (moving) that works the best is almost the same as the ones you taught inside the dvds. Keep up the good work! When is New Apporach Publishing having it's own website? I ordered MSC in Newbreed publishing.

REG999

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:17 am

every time I speak to either Ian or Ollie about their website, they tell me its in hand and will be launched 'soon'???

I am sure they are losing out big style not having one

cheers mate

Dave Turton

Back to top Go down

Post  LEE GRIFFITHS Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:06 am

Hi Dave

I'd too have recently ordered your MSC dvd's of the new breed site.
Look forward to watching them as not yet had any experience of your training methods, nor had the pleasure of meeting you yet. Something which I hope to sort in the new year. Smile
LEE GRIFFITHS
LEE GRIFFITHS

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:24 pm

It would be MY pleasure to meet you Lee

You would be welcome anytime mate

Dave Turton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down