Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apology owed

2 posters

Go down

Apology owed Empty Apology owed

Post  Nick Hughes Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 pm

I don't think anybody likes admitting when they're wrong...I certainly don't, but I will own up to it when I am (otherwise my mom would beat my arse. Very Happy)

On the "sigh" thread I mentioned Den Martin beating Steve Morris in a tournament early on in their martial arts careers and it turns out that was wrong.

This apology has nothing to do with any subsequent posts here or on FB...it's taken a while because I've been tracking down the guy who told me the story originally and he and I lost contact when I left the UK back in the early nineties.

In case anyone is interested I was over on the Isle of Wight doing security for the Cowes Yachting festival with a bunch of local karate guys who were mostly from Goju clubs on the Island and over in Southport. After the gig one night we were chewing the fat and talking about the various personalities in Goju and the UK martial arts and Morris got a mention and that's when the story came up.

So, when I saw that people were saying it wasn't true - including Den over on his forum - I tracked down my mate (who no longer trains) and he relayed that he'd only heard the story second hand and it's quite possible it was bollocks.

So, apology offered to Mr Morris for this one.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Apology owed Empty Re: Apology owed

Post  Jagunco Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 pm

You're a big man Nick Smile
Jagunco
Jagunco