Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gun thing...

4 posters

Go down

The gun thing... Empty The gun thing...

Post  Jagunco Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:36 am

Hi Nick

Thought I'd put this in your bit as most of my information on the subjecy has come from you. I just wanted an opinion that wasn't someone from my office who's never looked at an official figure in their life but feel they have the authority to ahout about it.

Like you I'm pro gun ownership along with better background checks and so forth. I can see the logic in having a pistol in the house for self defence and perhaps a rifle for hunting if that's something you're into.

I must admit though I can see no earthly reason to own an automatic rifle that blats out 50 rounds god knows how many seconds.

I realize that people kill people not gun but I have to admit I'm pro for banning automatics.

However I flatter myself as being sensible so I thought I would look into the matter before I made some over generalizing judgement.

What are you thoughts on private ownership of such weapons?
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

The gun thing... Empty Re: The gun thing...

Post  mickeybluejeans Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:52 am

just to add my view on gun control. people say guns don't kill people its the people using them but is not the real truth what actually kills people is the hard metal bits that come out of them.

if people want guns for self protection are they worried that they will get attacked by hundreds of people? if not why do they need hundreds of bullets?.

don't control guns..... control the sale of ammunition, so a home owner can own a gun and 6 rounds when those 6 round are spent the return the empty casings and can buy 6 more

i would guess 95% of gun owners only need 6 bullets..... does a burglar care if the gun pointed at him has a magazine of 50 or 6.

mickeybluejeans

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-04

http://www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:27 am

Sorry Nick I didn't see the gun control thread....
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:46 am

Nick's Q&A but had to add just a tiny bit if I may.

First...

Jagunco wrote:I must admit though I can see no earthly reason to own an automatic rifle that blats out 50 rounds god knows how many seconds.

I realize that people kill people not gun but I have to admit I'm pro for banning automatics.

You have been tricked by the media into believing that automatic weapons are all over the place and they were used in these shootings. NOT. These are semi auto, you need to jump through big hoops to obtain fully automatics (legally speaking).

second...

mickeybluejeans wrote:if people want guns for self protection are they worried that they will get attacked by hundreds of people? if not why do they need hundreds of bullets?.

don't control guns..... control the sale of ammunition, so a home owner can own a gun and 6 rounds when those 6 round are spent the return the empty casings and can buy 6 more

i would guess 95% of gun owners only need 6 bullets..... does a burglar care if the gun pointed at him has a magazine of 50 or 6.

The second Amendment goes way beyond a gun for self protection. "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" Hence the need for more than 6 bullets.
roadkill
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Well, it looks like we almost have two separate threads going so I'll keep them separate for now.

I'll leave Roadkills 2nd Amendment bit out of this argument because, a) it applies to the US only and your question could be legitimately be asked by anyone living anywhere in the world and b) it tackles one aspect of why someone should be able to own and operate what the media wants to label assault rifles.

We only have to go back as far as Hurricane Katrina to witness how fast a society can collapse. The Police and National Guard were completely overwhelmed in the first 24 hrs and were not on hand to provide protection to anything or anybody. What happened next is what every gun owner over here carries a weapon of that capacity and caliber for and that was the looting, the robberies, the murders and the rapes.|

The same thing happened during the LA Riots after the Rodney King verdict. The only reason Korean shop owners survived the next 48 hrs was because of their guns because the cops weren't there, nor were the National Guard.

The gun thing... Losangelesriots01

and here they are...

The gun thing... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPzMpo24eoBtsbGOaPuQBxckvB-iGknRDt0KUynVKWMPkTV4ua
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:27 pm

This photo from Katrina actually shows two female police officers looting a Wal-Mart store. (some of you might remember the video at the time)...so who's protecting you during times like this?

The gun thing... Looting-Katrina-721389

I sure as hell want more than six rounds when we descend into crap like this. Smile

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum