Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round kick to the jaw in the street.

+5
David Turton
Jagunco
Mr Nobody
Zak
tonyk
9 posters

Go down

Round kick to the jaw in the street. Empty Round kick to the jaw in the street.

Post  tonyk Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:31 am

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Round kick to the jaw in the street. Empty Re: Round kick to the jaw in the street.

Post  Zak Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Tony,

that's a really good video - an appalling thing to do but a perfect example of how it's so easy to see it coming when you step back (metaphorically/psychologically) and yet when 'involved' in the situation, you're oblivious. The poor guy didn't have a clue it was coming and yet, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying the shitty guy's intention stood out a mile. Had we not had the foresight of 'high kick' in the title, I'd have never expected 'that', but 'something' was definitely on the cards from his blatant posturing. Very good video as an example of what to look for.

Let's hope they catch the cretin.

Take good care,

Zak

Very Happy

Zak

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Round kick to the jaw in the street. Empty Re: Round kick to the jaw in the street.

Post  Mr Nobody Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Scumbag.

He deserves to be hanged.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:36 am

Doubt they'll have trouble finding him. Obvious martial arts training and his face all over a video they'll go s=around the local gyms untill they see him.

And that's if they don't recognise him already, if he acts like that the he's probably been in bother before.... but suppose if thye've bothered to put a video on youtube to fin him they can't know him that well... hmmmm

Can't say I'm fond of traffic wardens myself but never acted on the urse to kick them in the face. What a twat spitting at someones feet and then kicked him out....

As for the kick, notice the line up and the time it took him to prep. Also made possible cos the bloke was talking to his mate and not him. thus the distance was good for a kick where as if the traffic warden had been addressing him then probably would have been a bit to close for a kick, kicks I find are good in attack but not so much in defence. Apart from that they're harder to train into and maintain than punches.
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  David Turton Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 pm

I am not sure, regardless of watching it a few times, that I could have defended against that kick
it was fairly obviously 'blind-sided' the traffic warden may have had his eyes on the others..

its damn easy to say "Oh I would have done this.. I would have done that"

its easy watching ... yes I hope he is caught and gets 10 years for GBH

but I am still not convinced that 99% of us would have seen it and stopped it

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Absolutely Dave,

I think that's the value in these kind of videos, they help us know what to look out for. It's amazing how obvious it was from a 'watching' perspective and yet I don't think (as you say) any (certainly many) people would have seen that coming had they been 'involved' with the situation. I myself have been caught with such an unlikely and obvious-to-the-bystander kick but thankfully the guy had almost zero power in the shot and almost missed and fell over. In fact I ended up 'helping' him off the road.

The guy in the video had the second disadvantage that in such a situation i.e broad daylight, at work, busy street etc, such an attack would have been even less likely. In my situation it was late at night, the guy was drunk and I'd just been informed (by him) that I'd been 'chatting up' his wife, who was at least ten years my senior and more than slightly reminiscent of Dorian off birds of a feather, so it was pretty clear the guy was just looking for an excuse - not least because I always preferred Sharon. geek

People watching fights always say, "I would've" and people 'in' fights always say "I should've".

Take good care,

Zak

Very Happy

Zak

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:34 pm

perhaps Dave you might have positioned yourself differently to the three lads? Or just not repsonded to the initial insult? Prevention is better than cure and all that
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  David Turton Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 am

very true, I would certainly NOT have been that close and would have used our methods of facing multiple opponents...
but thats from a 'trained' persons point of view ...

the traffic warden was concentrating on talking (the eakest position and best moment to whack someone in the mouth is whenthey are USING it.. talking or eating)

it brings about something I have advocated for decades..proper training for workers in these situations.. NOT necessarily contact combat training... but awareness training etc... we have several programmes for this type of training... the poor chap either hadnt had any awareness conflict management training, or forgotten it.

Distance is your main initial tool in most situations... the kicker didnt have to change his stance.. his target was in range... basically if you cant contact your opponent he/she probably cant contact you without 'launching' an attack

interesting clip in many ways

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am

The scary thing is that its so easily done. I recally someone trying to rob me years ago on a Brazillian trip and he left empty handed in the ensuing scuffle. Then when I had time to think about it later I had left myself wide open to a knife attack but was so concerned with keeping my watch I hadn't noticed untill analyzing the fight in my head. Long story short if he had had a knife I'd probably not be sitting here
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyk Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am

David Turton wrote:I am not sure, regardless of watching it a few times, that I could have defended against that kick
it was fairly obviously 'blind-sided' the traffic warden may have had his eyes on the others..

its damn easy to say "Oh I would have done this.. I would have done that"

its easy watching ... yes I hope he is caught and gets 10 years for GBH

but I am still not convinced that 99% of us would have seen it and stopped it

I should imagine I would have suffered the same fate as the traffic warden. Thankfully its rare and its the first time I have heard of a traffic warden in Leicester being assaulted in this manner.The area is a bit rough and well known for trouble in the evenings but day time assaults are extremely rare.

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Hard one indeed, maybe some situational awareness training could have helped !, you know 3 nasty looking dudes giving me grief may result in some kind of attack kind of thing, its all hindsight though....
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:46 am

Dave, thank you.

Your perspective is refreshing. It is nice to hear someone (especially of your standing) not saying that they would have been able to do X, Y or Z. To say how easy it is to be caught and that it could happen to them.

It shows that the 'soft skills' or 'zanshin' are indeed as or more important than the ability to scrap.

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:57 am

I think the weapon used is what sets this attack apart.

The launch platform and interview stage seem pretty standard. Distraction, line up and then strike.

It's a cowardly, unnecessary and illegal attack. I hope criminal proceedings are in full swing. One thing for sure, this isn't the first time at the rodeo for the attacker. Too cool and collected.

It's a little bit redundant to talk about what the guy could maybe hand done to protect himself. I can see two major talking points. One is the fact that he engages with a statement that results in the trio coming BACK to him. Not sure what was said or what the context was but once the bad guys were moving on... just let 'em go.
Secondly, he lets himself be crowded. He doesn't take steps to attempt to control the distance and space. As soon as they crowd him in any way... i.e. they are close enough to launch an attack then he sould be taking defensive measures.

Monday morning quarter-backing at its best!! cheers Hope he's fit and well.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake331 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 am

Looks to me like one of the guys may have spat onto the wardens clipboard while he was noting reg numbers or something on the way past, then the warden challenged the guys and may have been asking for names/details etc as there seemed to be a struggle over a pen or maybe a radio? that's when the guy steps back and kicks him. That was never going to end well for the traffic warden, he should have stayed well back and asked for assistance and not approached them at all - easy to say when watching a youtube video after the fact of course

Jake331

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum