Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renzo, TWITter...ahem

+3
Mr Nobody
Jagunco
Wayne Harrison
7 posters

Go down

Renzo, TWITter...ahem Empty Renzo, TWITter...ahem

Post  Wayne Harrison Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:16 am

hi folks,

Ya saw the event that Renzo Gracie has recently twittered bout? how bout that for , ahem, personal 'protection'...

Twitter feed:

“22nd street and 10th ave right now two guys following me, can’t help but have a big smile upon my face Im talking about a happy one ;-)

Waiting for them… Are they really thinking I’m drunk??? They have to be kidding. Hahahaha

25th and 10ave ;-) they are getting closer lol ;-)

I just stop to take a pic, they pretend they are looking at the window, can’t lie… My blood runs in a different speed, man I miss Brazil

JiuJitsu ;-) never leave home without it ;-)

Please hold there for just a couple minutes ;-) be right back

They are coming closer, asking for a cigaret ;-) lol can’t help but have a smile in my face. I don’t smoke. Pretend to wobble. They smile

My hands hurt… Can’t help but look at him the other one took off running, not much of a friend. Chicken :-/ I can still see him, he looks

Back as he runs, no chance to catch him… Even though I began to try to run after him, I realize How slow I was. [F***] it :-///

This one asks me why did I do that, pretending to be stupid, one little kick to the ribs makes him whine and apologize, as I’m writing this.

I ask him if he was planing to rob me, he says no. All he wanted was a cigarette, lol I can’t help but have a big smile upon my face, and ..

The certainty that if it was an ordinary man he would be sad about his stolen goods. [F****** c***] cries like a bitch when the tide turns…

I can’t help but take a pic as his nose bleeds and he wines and asks why did I do that… Like he doesn’t know the reason…

My [f*******] hands hurt, hurt like hell…

Drove around two blocks… The other fellow disappear, I’m heading home… Angry for not finding the second one. Guess no sleeping tonight

I knew it ;-) yessss

There is basic things like you don’t come back to where the problem was.. You just don’t, I knew he would, just going around the block would

Be enough… Dumb f%#^ I just gave him the old style Raccoon, it has been a while since the last time I did.. Choke him out 3 times…

And before he woke up I did hit each eye socket at least twice, tomorrow he will wake up like a raccoon, and every time he woke up I was…

Whispering at his ears.. That’s what death feels like it.. Don’t do that again. My [f*******] hand hurts, :-/ a lot

Next time I will use only the elbows, damn I miss that feeling, sometimes I wonder if the easy life has been making me

Soft.. All those years in Brazil, without knowing if I would make it home had to count for something, I can’t lie I could have jump in a cab

But I could not help, I could spot them from a mile away, walking was my option, thank you mayor Giuliani, nobody carries a gun in our…

Beautiful state, my lucky day, their bad day… My hand hurts and @FrankieEdgar is here at 9:30am for some training, shoot damn little guy

Could not take a second pic guys sorry, believe I try, as I reach for my iPhone he almost took off :-/ fast mofo”

not sure bout NY law, in the UK he'd have acted excessive. And assuming no guns would be involved simply cause they are illegal (?) in NY, jeez. Going back after the guy as well. And going looking for his mate.

source: http://www.wimsblog.com/2012/09/renzo-gracie-twitter-and-self-defense-a-case-study-of-what-not-to-do/

In Renzo's words.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOkZEmb4No

I might be the crazy one here, but honestly...
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Renzo, TWITter...ahem Empty Re: Renzo, TWITter...ahem

Post  Jagunco Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:15 am

Bloke sounds like an arrogant idiot to me
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

So let me get this straight....

1. He recognises 2 people possibly tailing him with the possible intention of robbing him?....yet he can't back it up 100%.

2. He decides to confront them and preemptively hits one before as they ask for a cigarette without a suggestion that they were going to rob him or even a subtle intent that they were.

3. Stays with the guy he beat on to get in his face a bit.

4. Goes looking for the other guy, finds him and chokes him out numerous times before inflicting bodily harm on him.

Despite this being a quick summary the incident, and I wasn't there so there may be more to it than I got out of his tweets, I find there to be so many things wrong with his option taking that I'm flabbergasted someone of his standing in the MA community could behave in such a moronic fashion.

If this is what his school of BJJ teaches as self defence then I'm glad I train elsewhere.

clown
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm

there's even some speculation it might be made up to seek some publicity...sad if that's true.

If it's not then I'm with you...poor example of understanding of the legal ramifications of fighting...

I would hazard a guess and say he could be in legal hot water if the guy he battered pushed charges.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 am

Legally he is on incredibly rocky ground.

Professionally... guess how many new BJJ students walked into Gracie JJ schools the day AFTER those tweets. Wink

One thing that is well known about the Gracies is their ability to manage and promote their brand. No issue with that, good luck to them especially as it is good material in general and pretty much does what it says on the tin.

I am inclined to think that this was either a publicity stunt by Renzo. In which case, it undoubtedly worked. If not a publicity stunt then he was under the influence and as a result has done something incredibly stupid. I'm not sure what is taking the two guys so long to turn up and put forward their side of the story?
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:53 am

I guess there's always the possibility that the 2 guys don't know who he is, they actually are scumbags and don't want to go to the police for anything or they're currently discussing their options.....maybe even revenge??

If Renzo's Tweets are true then he's going to have a fun time addressing them in Court should litigation result.....

However, one thing the Gracies do well (apart from ground fighting) is marketing their stuff yet it's odd how Renzo would describe a "street fight/self defence" situation that isn't actually comparable to what BJJ is all about....personally I'm bemused as to why he didn't pull guard and triangle choke the guys into unconciousness!!

Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:04 am

The only thing he did wrong was publicise the event....
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 am

GOVINDA wrote:The only thing he did wrong was publicise the event....

Exactly right.

Sadly.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Alex Gong anyone??
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:05 pm

NO sorry apart from being able to scrap he was a complete muppet from start to finish.

didn't try to avoid trouble, at one point was activly looking for it. No assurance that knives or guns were invovled, no assurance when he was faffing about looking for the one that got away that he wasn't off to fetch five lads with baseball bats, or just going to get tooled up...

Top it all hands hurting.... not sure of his weapons....

Far too sure of himself and took far to many risks. He was lucky first and last.... and that's if he's not making the entire thing up.

And banging on about Brazil. I somehow doubt Renzo Gracie lived in the Slums

No sorry completely unimpressed
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: