Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawless

4 posters

Go down

Lawless Empty Lawless

Post  Chris Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:54 am

Hi all,

Do yourself a favour and get along to see "Lawless" asap.

It is a great, great movie. Tom Hardy puts in an amazing performance and while particularly brutal in parts I have rarely seen such a realistic portrayal of violence on the big screen.

Violence with guns, knives, knuckle dusters and bare hands is fast, ferocious, frantic and fearsome! Hardy is the most charismatic and intense actor of his generation. I kid you not, this guy is going down as one of the legendary movie actors. He is so talented that he remains the intense focal point of the movie while remaining almost motionless throughout (until he explodes into unrestrained violence!). Others chew scenery to hope to have the same impact while he just stays as solid and heavy as the planet they all orbit.

Go see it, enjoy and then come back and tell me how great it was! The world's first gangster, western, hillbilly noir movie.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Lawless Empty Re: Lawless

Post  Ade Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:30 am

I was wondering about it,but now i'm convinced!

...and +1 on Tom Hardy,i watched him as Bronson again the other night.He is definitely possessed of a rare talent.
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 am

Saw it the other night...yep, it's epic. Hardy is good but let's not take away from Guy Pierce and his performance either. Brilliant stuff.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 am

Oh yeah, Guy P is one creepy, freaky mamma jammer!!! Definitely another great performance amongst a very strong cast.

Seriously, everyone needs to see this movie. It's not like anything you have seen before.

Then read the book because that's a gem as well.

Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:11 am

Thanks for the tip Chris, I was wondering whether to go see this or "Ted". I am now decided.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 am

Go and see both when you get the chance Pete. Ted is a cracking laugh Very Happy
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum