Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy....

+2
Wayne Harrison
Jagunco
6 posters

Go down

The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy.... Empty The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy....

Post  Jagunco Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:02 am

I'm thinking of getting one of these for the bedroom as I don't have my dedicated gym/work room anymore. Anybody got one and like it? Or hate them passionately?
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy.... Empty Re: The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy....

Post  Wayne Harrison Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:45 am

Yep. Use it all the time. I've actually went from training twice a day with weights at the gym to not using weights at all. Well, use bodyweight only now. a form of callisthenics. so the pull-up bar is used quite a lot. It's must more functional for combat, imo. I went into the army careers office when i was 16, and they immediately tested your fitness/strength by how many pull-ups you could do. even had the bar right there.

you got the latissimus dorsi, rhomboid, trapezius, biceps, forearms & hands. it'll build the torso quicker than any other exercise, imo. you got your grip developing. and also isometric abs & hips. fantastic.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy.... Empty Re: The Chin up bar come punch bag bracked thingy....

Post  Fraze Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:30 am

Seconded. I have one of the non-fixed ones that you can put up and take down easily like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iron-Total-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B002GHBRWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322417991&sr=8-1

My home gym is that, a 16kg and a 24kg kettlebell and I don't need much more.

Fraze

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:18 pm

My only problem with them is because I'm 6'8 that I can't use them in an average door at all. I need them to be outside and set so if my arms are above my head I have to jump an inch or two.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:58 am

Sorry lads I've mis phrased I was talking about the actualy design of this one I got in mind rather than the actual benefits of pull ups Smile

Its a pull up bar that goes into the wall (presumably with 6" nails) and can also hang a punch bag so I was going to sick it on the chimney shaft in my room. I just don't know if its all its cracked up to be

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B00387IHJS/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=318949011&s=sports

I just want to hang my bag and start chin ups again... which should be interesting since I put on 2 stone since I done chin up regularly
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:02 pm

They are great for what they are, just make sure your comment about six inch nails was a joke Wink

The only downside is that the bag hangs very close to the wall so you cant move round it.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:33 am

you can move round half of it and then get behind it and practice holding and hitting ain a restricted space, so use it as a positive!

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm not too bothered I just wantto have something to thump in the house again. Footwork was never something I really delved into
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down