Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fence question

5 posters

Go down

Fence question Empty Fence question

Post  Ade Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi Chris

I lifted this question from another thread,i'd be interested to hear your take on it.

If I or anyone has trained the fence and uses it does that not make guilty through premeditated decission to take deceptive action through pretending to be submissive to gain a knockout before being attacked.
After all said and done the law can be an ass.
Or does the ''victim'' pretend to be untrained in court?
thanks.

cheers mate,

Ade
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Fence question Empty Re: Fence question

Post  Mr Nobody Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Just butting in here Chris sorry, but I think it's too situational dependent to give a blanket response.

Just a simple opinion.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:27 am

Some Law Enforcement general guidelines maybe? Smile
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:11 pm

hey all,

I take your point Mr.N but there are some hard and fast rules you can rely on when pleading self defence.

e.g. Self defence is an absolute defense in law. I.e. Prove you acted in self defence and you prove your innocence.

you ARE allowed to strike preemptively to protect yourself, to protect others, to protect your property and to protect the property of others. You don't have to wait for the threat to become a physical attack.

you MUST believe that a threat is present and about to manifest into action

your action in response to that threat MUST be reasonable. I.e. Would a reasonable man in the street have done what you did?

pretty black and white.

now, if we ask does using the fence make someone guilty in some way because you are taking some deceptive action before throwing the preemptive shot then the point is irrelevant. What invalidates the defence of self defence is lack of threat and or lack of reasonable action. If the threat exists it is irrelevant whether I trick the threatening party or not. If the threat does not exist its irrelevant whether I trick the threatening party or not. The legality of my action will be decided on other criteria.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RichardZ Sun May 06, 2012 12:38 pm

I would agree with Chris. That said, sometimes the witnesses(es) would be a good defense in the case, or they can be a nightmare working from the opposite course.

RichardZ

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down