Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Bullying Goes Wrong

+9
cartmelpete
scuddy
Ade
roadkill
Mr Nobody
chrishagen
Peter
Rob.Brown
Perry Gamsby
13 posters

Go down

When Bullying Goes Wrong Empty When Bullying Goes Wrong

Post  Perry Gamsby Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 pm

This is a link to a video clip of a kid being bullied and fighting back. Sadly the victim has been suspended. I know the kids in the clip, they go to the local high school my daughter was supposed to attend but I put her elsewhere. The big kid is punched in the face a couple of times before he takes action. The bully is one of a family of thugs living in the public housing nearby, the family is dysfunctional, substance abusing and all the usual cliches.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/24529160

What is the most upsetting is that the 'expert' at the end waffles on about how the victim was left without proper guidance; what ever happened to sorting out the bully back in kindegarten when he displayed the tendencies to be a bully? As I said, both are known to me, both went to my daughter's primary school and the younger brother of the bully was the one my 7 year old put on his arse last month with a palm heel to the chin when he kept on harassing her and the teacher ignored her reporting this. These kids regularly skip school or come late, hang around the hallways instead of being in class and cause a lot of trouble but the teachers are hamstrung and unable to do much. The parent is at home drunk or in jail and if anything is said they scream racist. Of course as my girls are half filipino they don't scream too long before I point out race is not the issue, poor parenting is the problem.

I do like the way Casey (my mistake, I thought it was Kevin, his younger brother, very similar sized lad!) dumps the little turd, who can then hardly stagger off. He hasn't been seen breaking into houses around here for a while since that happened.Video Clip Here

UPDATE: Both were suspended. There is a Facebook page in support of Casey Facebook page in support of Casey

Last edited by Perry Gamsby on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Perry Gamsby
Perry Gamsby

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://www.perrygamsby.com

Back to top Go down

When Bullying Goes Wrong Empty Re: When Bullying Goes Wrong

Post  Rob.Brown Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:13 am

Perry Gamsby wrote:This is a link to a video clip of a kid being bullied and fighting back. Sadly the victim has been suspended. I know the kids in the clip, they go to the local high school my daughter was supposed to attend but I put her elsewhere. The big kid is punched in the face a couple of times before he takes action. The bully is one of a family of thugs living in the public housing nearby, the family is dysfunctional, substance abusing and all the usual cliches.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/24529160

What is the most upsetting is that the 'expert' at the end waffles on about how the victim was left without proper guidance; what ever happened to sorting out the bully back in kindegarten when he displayed the tendencies to be a bully? As I said, both are known to me, both went to my daughter's primary school and the younger brother of the bully was the one my 7 year old put on his arse last month with a palm heel to the chin when he kept on harassing her and the teacher ignored her reporting this. These kids regularly skip school or come late, hang around the hallways instead of being in class and cause a lot of trouble but the teachers are hamstrung and unable to do much. The parent is at home drunk or in jail and if anything is said they scream racist. Of course as my girls are half filipino they don't scream too long before I point out race is not the issue, poor parenting is the problem.

I do like the way Kevin dumps the little turd, who can then hardly stagger off. He hasn't been seen breaking into houses around here for a while since that happened.Video Clip Here

Top lad i think he waited too long, but well worth the wait
Rob.Brown
Rob.Brown

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 am

They have suspended the lad who was being picked on?!?!?!?

Anyway, the lad was obviously at the end of his tether and the little shit got what he deserved.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  chrishagen Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:32 am

Poor kid

On a positive note I bet not many people will bully him now.

And that little shit will think twice before doing anymore in the future.

chrishagen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  chrishagen Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 am

Poor kid

On a positive note I bet not many people will bully him now.

And that little shit will think twice before doing anymore in the future.

chrishagen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Well done to the big lad, I loved the big slam. No one should have to put up with that shit and then get suspended. Stupid school system.

Funny how the media always get some namby pamby tree hugging "expert" to comment on the issue and they talk about "support", "guidance", "counselling" etc, None of that means shit when you're in the middle of a stressful situation and have to think on your feet......oh, I know! Rather than fight, let me and talk to you about our differences over a cup of herbal green tea!

Yeah right.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Mr Nobody wrote:Well done to the big lad, I loved the big slam. No one should have to put up with that shit and then get suspended. Stupid school system.

Funny how the media always get some namby pamby tree hugging "expert" to comment on the issue and they talk about "support", "guidance", "counselling" etc, None of that means shit when you're in the middle of a stressful situation and have to think on your feet......oh, I know! Rather than fight, let me and talk to you about our differences over a cup of herbal green tea!

Yeah right.
Too true! That advice is given by people who have never been in a situation where they have had to make such a decision.

My JuJitsu instructor once brought in a Judo Olympian to help us work on our throws. Someone asked about how effective X (I forget the throw in question exactly) would be in a real fight. He replied "I can put you down hard or I can put you down easy. I can put you down on the grass or on the kerb and break your back. How effective do you think X will be?" He then demonstrated this by slamming the biggest bloke there (me) almost to the ground and pulled me up a milimetre from certain death on a tatami mat! I did the correct breakfall but I know without him controlling I would have been seriously injured, the throw was simply that powerful. He made his point.

You can see that kid Ritchard (the spelling tells it all doesn't it?) is hurt hard by the drop from the way he wobbles away when he gets up. A bit further back and across the planter box and he might be a paraplegic now.
Perry Gamsby
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 pm

And it's fortunate that he's not a paraplegic. Going by the logic I've seen so far, if he did that to the sod then he would be in prison.

When did it become a crime to successfully defend yourself? As a cop I routinely shake the hands of those who give thieves, bullies, burglars etc what they deserve. People need to stop listening to these nancy boys constantly spouting crap that the bully/offender is just "misunderstood", "comes from a problem family" or "is the real victim here".

Utter bollocks. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.

And I love the "Casey Slam".
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Nice to hear a little history on the punk and the situation there... thanks for that.
roadkill
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 am

Just saw the clip Twisted Evil

He really meant that slam!
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  scuddy Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:35 am

i'm betting the doe eyed spineless commentator bird has never been in that situation, or had her kids in that situation.

Last edited by scuddy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

scuddy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am

Peter wrote:...... the little shit got what he deserved.

When I saw that on the local 'News' those were my EXACT words. Smile

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:10 pm

If the bullies victim was my kid and I saw this video clip of my kid slamming the bully. I'd take my kid straight out and buy him the latest Ipod as a reward. The guttless cowards running education do very little to support our childrens safety whilst in their care.
Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Dave wrote:If the bullies victim was my kid and I saw this video clip of my kid slamming the bully. I'd take my kid straight out and buy him the latest Ipod as a reward. The guttless cowards running education do very little to support our children's safety whilst in their care.
In fairness to the teachers, they are hamstrung but yes, the public servants running the Dept Of Ed fear being sued and losing their $150-$300K pa jobs more than any concern over the safety of the child. Add to this the do gooder from an upscale family who has no first hand experience of these low IQ, low socio-economic problem families other than at arm's length when they are in a position of power as a social worker etc and you have an unreal appreciation of the real situation.

They forget these kids grow up with crappy role models to emulate and merely mirror bad behaviour of adults who themselves had no proper role model. The fact is there have always been these classes of family, what was there in the past to check and balance their behaviour was effective punishment. Today the punks merely scoff at authority. This is reflected in the way they graffiti everywhere with their personal tags etc. It is all about me and mine and yet they lack any respect for themselves let alone anyone else.

The only thing they respect is might. It is a base human condition and the too-educated-and-too-far-removed-from-everyday-life-well-off forget not everybody has the sense to walk away, discuss, work out, negotiate and what ever other 'strategies' they should use to resolve the problem. Every day I pick up my 7 year old I watch a 9 year old boy 'with issues' wander the school, followed by a $65,000pa post graduate educated 'student counsellor' to make sure he doesn't set fire to the garbage bins again. Every day. Then you look at the parents and all you see are multiple prominent tattoos, face piercings, unshaven beards (male and female), rampant obesity, poor dress standards, deplorable language and even parents with cans of beer or pre-mixed spirits waiting to collect their kids. What hope the children? Yet nobody dare mention the elephant in the corner for fear of being labelled something non-PC. It is this same political correctness that issues anti-bullying edicts that simply are not effective because the bullies know little can be done to stop them and anyone standing up to them faces suspension too. Oh my, no school for a week, that really hurts. Except it does hurt the decent kid who was being bullied and defended themself. Tell me it's not the same in the UK and North America... please
Perry
Perry Gamsby
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:19 pm

As someone who was bullied continuously through school and is still experiencing the social repercussions from the whole thing I can say that its nice to see a kid fight back.

On the other hand as someone who's had a little experience working with kids they have to suspend both parties, you can't condone fighting.

Of course it had to be said that afterwards when the headmaster looks at it, learns that the bully has a history of such behaviour and then take further. The other kid would then be given a bit of a half hearted lecture about fighting isn't right and let right back into school.

But yeah I was glad to see the little fucker powerslamed.

I once had a fight on the stairs of school, some idiot decided to trip me so I let a door slam in his face se he was after me shoving me so I turned and fought him. During the fight I got a bit too close to the wall and a punch knocked my head against it which dazed me, which sort of ended the fight for me.

I had to go see the nearest teacher for no other reason than my head was bleeding, I didn't like to involve teachers and even to this day I dislike going to managers to report people.

Anyway it took a little haranguing (is that the right word?) from said teacher to get a name from me. Long story short I was sent home (or rather to the dentist) and my mother was told that no further action would be taken because if he did anything to the other lad he'd have to do to it me also as we were both fighting. You could argue that I was only defending myself though it would of been easy to walk away I suppose, have a load more crap from him and others, which I did anyway. Meh

It was several incidents like that over the years that have given me a flash temper and made me socially nervous. I was given what is laughably called counselling in school and my year head was very supportive, I just about had a seat reserved in her office for the number of times I was in with a bloody nose or something. At the end of the day though casual cruelty with persist until it is stamped out by the individuals themselves.

If my child (I don't have any incidentally) was beaten or bullied in school (even verbally) the first place I would send him would be boxing lessons. And if I got a call from the school saying he'd been involved in a fight against a bully. I would of course make sure that it was the other child that was the bully first but my kid would be congratulated on defending them self, have a quick 'when to fight and when not to' talk just in case and then I would be down the school fighting his corner...

And rather hypocritically if I was a teacher and I saw two kids fighting and I knew one of them to be a bully and the other his victim, I would still probably suspend both of them
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 pm

While I understand the theory behind suspending both, it isn't really justice, is it? I used to get picked on at school and not wanting to get into trouble, wore it, once or twice to the point of tears (imagine how embarrassing and how much more it fuelled the bullies). I was not afraid of them or fighting but of getting into trouble and also the futility of it as I knew that all a fight would prove was who was the better fighter, not the right or wrong of the argument. In other words I was too mature for the other kid and suffered, sometimes ignorance truly is bliss. When I did fight, I fought hard and savagely and the way my Dad and grandad had taught me, straight out of 'Get Tough', no Queensbury Rules for me. I was only ever bested once and this by a boy I picked the fight with and he was trained in boxing and basically jabbed me to a standstill. I realised then the stupidity of picking fights (not to mention the embarrassment of being owned by the 'wimp' you figured you could beat).

In the Army as an Apprentice (like Junior Leaders in the Brit Army) I again had the problem with the thick knowing only violence as the answer but by then I had learned the lesson and knew I had to hit back immediately and as hard as I could or else it would only persist and get worse. Fortunately the Army issues you Boots AB, web belts and socks, wool, khaki you can put a bar of soap in. In other words I tooled up and never fought empty handed if I could grab something. Didn't take long to be left alone. Of course the 'teachers', if they caught you fighting, took the pair of you out the back, gave you the boxing gloves and told you to get on with it or you were both up for a busy weekend.

Mind you, that was 1978. Today my daughters carry a piece of paper in their school bag that states the relevant Acts under which they are allowed to defend themselves and the section of the Crimes Act about violence at school and that they have my permission to strike first if they feel they are in immediate danger. They both know not to ever start it but they have both finished it on a couple of occasions, always with a palm heel to the nose or chin and a major outer reaping throw. Simple, effective and the thugs learned the lesson. Before that, one was punched and kicked by a boy and the other stabbed in the arm with a pencil, both by kids with 'issues'. Both kids no longer bother them. They do go to a tough school in a tough area but that is no excuse for poor manners or uncivilized behaviour.

I went to some tough ones too, including one in Norton, NE England that was a prison compared to the RAF school in Singapore I'd just left and having a posh accent didn't help. Nor did having a Geordie one help when I migrated to Australia. I don't think bullying in school is any more prevalent, just more in the news. Any comments on that? Also, I wonder how many of us who have put so much into our martial arts were the victims of bullying and injustice at school? As Jagunco says, it affects him to this day. I recall a friend of mine also called Perry, who one day, when it was his turn to be picked on by the cool group, pulled a knife on everyone on the stairs and basically had had enough and he lost the plot. He left school and years later at a reunion I talked with one of the ring leaders of the cool group. He regretted what he had done and would give anything to apologize. Even Perry's friends, we all felt guilty and wanted to make amends as when it wasn't your turn to be harrassed and harangued while you didn't take an active part you certainly didn't help much for fear of copping it again for a week or two. Some of us managed this harrassment, some obviously took it a lot harder and it still clings to this day. I have a mental image of Perry sitting in a room, cleaning the guns and writing names on the List over and over....
Perry
Perry Gamsby
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:06 am

Oh I never said it was justice now did I Smile

As for repercussions on me, it has of course gotten much better over the years. I have a flash temper, though I rarely act upon it. At school I was always the one in he perfect school uniform and had very little conception of what was in and what wasn't, it was stupid things that my mother was always buying me the exact PE kit and so everyone else who just turned up in their footy kits used to have a field day.

Also because I didn't really interact with people a great deal I missed a lot of the social lessons one learns in his teens. A lot of things passed me by and then someone will talk about one a work and I have no idea what they're talking about. Most sports were a mystery to me and remain so to this day for instance.

The worst conesequence I suppose was this niggling feeling that I was hated by all, which persists to this day. I've rationalised it now of course and I know its daft but for a long I couldn't stand in a group of people without being crippled by nervous. When I went to college at the age of 15-16 I couldn't bring myself to stand in the hallway wit the other lads on he first day, so I stood alone down the way for fear I would be recognized, took my meals alone and basically became a hermit for a couple of months. Of course it wasn't that long until the local buly picked his target and decided that he would have some fun with me.

By this point I had learned though that it was best to fight back and we had a right go at each other outside the back gate in which I got my arse handed to me, but he never bothered me again an was arrested not long after for assault.

The effect of me fighting back (even though I lost) was paltable and the attitude of the class changed literally overnight. Though I was never popular and of course the banter remained but no one ever raised their hand to me again.

Actually that's an interesting point. It kicked off after an altercation waiting for a class and we tussled for a while on the stairs before the other lads separated us. I decided after that that at the ripe age of 16 it was past the code of the school yard and there was no way I was putting up with that shite for years to come and so I informed my course counsellor (or whatever his title was). When we kicked off on the stairs after another cheap shot from this lad (smacking my head into a wall with his bag) a few said they were surprised I fought back. He decided to prove his manhood and proposed we finish business outside and so a few days later we met outside the gates and I got a good kicking.

I ddn't bother keeping it to myself and went to tell the councillor of the turn of events and he said that we would be separated as much as possible in classes. I was amazed to find that no one seemed to care that I had actually told someone after the event and that becouse I had stood by my guns I was respected far more for it than keeping my peace.

Anyway as I said he disappeared a few months later and when I asked someone where he was they said 'in court for assault' Never saw him again from that day till this.

But that sort of brings us to anger management and that flash temper. I really can't let that and other incidents go. I recally seeing a book written by someone of the same name as that guy and just by seeing the name, or having him mentioned, or anyone else that wronged me (and there is a considerable list) I feel an overpowering rage and desire to do harm to them.

I recall there was a lad who bullied me in school and I found out he was working at the same place as me and my first instinct was to track him down and go to confront him and I have lovely images of me laying him out with some clever reference to all the crap he gave me in high school.

I have been tempted to go trawl through the town where the first lad lives and to see if I could find him and propose another jaunt to the rear of the building to see who'd win round two.

While this isn't really sensible and I've never been daft enough to do it, it is a bit of a pain in the arse carrying stuff like that around.

I'll write more later, if you want, Its early and I haven't had coffee yet
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:50 am

Please do share more with us. I find it is cathartic and will help you manage the emotions better. I have verballized my mistakes from time to time, saying out loud (when nobody is near of course) "I give myself permission to have done 'X' and it was dumb and I regret it but now I can move on". It helps but you need to say it a few times to start to believe it, or at least I do. When it comes to incidents at shool you just change the wording.

I know I have often felt that feeling of being, not hated as much as perhaps not 'popular' yet I have found, especially of late via Facebook, catching up with old school colleagues and work colleagues it seems I am remembered in a much more positive light than I thought. I guess we all have differing levels of insecurity over different issues and incidents. You might be surprised but if you did run into those bullies form your school days they might actually remember you as some kind of mate, I kid you not. Perception is a fickle thing. Cheers Perry

Perry Gamsby
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:20 pm

I have actually ran into a few of them who were very friendly. I was stunned the first time. I was standing in the chip shop getting my supper after a night on the lash and someone turns to me and speaks to mer like my best mate and it was one of the lads who used to think it funny telling me I was from the local mental hospital and enjoyed stoning me on the odd occasion.

It was one of those wasted occasions where I didn't actually take the opportunity to enact revenge but ultimately it was pointless to be nasty I suppose.

That wasn't an isolated incident I have ran into a few lads from school and as you say all have reacted like my best mate. One was saying he gave me trouble because 'kids do' and another because they thought I came from a privileged middle class family and so I was resented.

Frankly I couldn't give a flying fuck what they think of me I believe in karma.
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 pm

The victim should never have been suspended.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:49 am

more

here

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 am

Spoke to an acquaintance of mine a couple of days ago. He lives in that area Mount Druitt in the outer Western suburbs of Sydney or 'The Druitt' as it's sometimes called.

He has a young son of about 12 who went to a junior school in the area and who was also bullied, possibly even by the same people. He was due to go to that particular school but his Dad somehow managed to get him into another school.

The guy I know said that he knows, or at least knows who the family of the little shit are, starts with a B and same as one of the guys in "On the Buses"..apparently...of course that's just hearsay and I'm repeating this second hand so might all be wrong.

He told me that they are a typical '' Bullying, no hoper, deadshit , druggie load of bludgers'' ..... bludgers = scroungers for those of you not familiar with the Aussie vernacular.

Apparently there are a lot, or at least quite a few families like that who have kids at these schools and unfortunately if you get picked on by one of the family members you also have to contend with the older brothers and their coterie of hangers on and fellow bullies. Quite a daunting task for any shy withdrawn kid.

Like he said, there are good people that live in the area but a lot of arseholes who come from a 'proud' heritage of being 'tough guys' from large, drug abusing, criminal families.

Of course this is common to all countries so nothing that you all don't know already.

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:38 am

According to the articles, he's gotten a TON of supportive e-mails and things. They ought to take up a collection to get him into a good fighting gym.

jesse

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:52 am

The clip was featured on "10 o'clock live" last night...the fella's getting a lot of attention (and approval Twisted Evil )
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 am

Apparently everyone understands..... except those that make the rules.
roadkill
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum