Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bareknuckle striking

2 posters

Go down

Bareknuckle striking Empty Bareknuckle striking

Post  Stu Hughes Mon May 12, 2008 9:57 am

Hi Dave,
I'm still struggling to understamd your description of the proper technique from the SFUK article. Two things specifically:

1. How would the punch be in line with my centreline if it impacts on the side of the chin?

2. How would I impact with my three bottom knuckles along the jawline if my little finger side of the hand was the lowest?

Cheers Dave.
Stuart

Stu Hughes

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Back to top Go down

Bareknuckle striking Empty Re: Bareknuckle striking

Post  David Turton Mon May 12, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the questions.
OK maybe I hadnt explained it properly mate...

From your questions it appears you are thinking along the lines of the 'centre line' wing chun type of vertical punch, thats whats confusing you.

the fist isnt vertical or horizontal, its about 45 degrees, and the centre line doesnt mean travelling along the centre from sternum to opponent, its the finishing position in relation to yourself..

so

stand with left foot forward, in a 'boxers type' posture, bring both fists up in front with the backs of the hands flat and upwards.. now rotate both fists slightly outwards until only the points of the thumbs are touching..
you should now have both fists at about 45 degrees with the bottom three knuckles slightly proud .

bring the left hand back in to your shoulder/upper chest and extend your right arm out until its at full extension, bringing the left hip back and the right hip out at the same time.. you are now in the ideal finishing position.

because you have twisted the hips slightly your centre line is pointing 45 degrees to your left (all this for a right hand strike, reverse for a left hand one).. so when you deliver and land your punch on the jawline you are actually punching to meet the opponents left jaw point and continue through with the power... hope this helps a bit mate

cheers

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Hughes Fri May 16, 2008 4:54 am

Okay, so there's a slight circular motion to the punch?

Stu Hughes

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum