Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mate's Brother Knifed

3 posters

Go down

Mate's Brother Knifed Empty Mate's Brother Knifed

Post  Nick Hughes Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:33 pm

A good story locally that illustrates some important points.

Chris, one of the tattoo artists that Slacky met when he was over, brother got stabbed two Saturdays ago.

He'd just picked up a mate from the airport who was back from Iraq (more on him in minute) and they were driving when a car drove up beside them and threw a beer bottle on their windshield. Before they could fathom what was happening the kids in the car cut them off.

Chris' brother got out and was asking wha' the fook when the guy ran into him throwing what he assumed was punches. Chris' brother is a big kid - grid iron player, and he was kind of bemused and then finally pushed the guy away.

The kid backed off, laughed, and said "I fucking cut you man" and got in his car.

Chris' brother didn't believe him, and only later lifted his shirt to see if there was any truth to it when he noticed two puncture wounds in his gut. Final tally was one in the ribs that just missed the heart, two in the guts, one in the leg and a slice on his forearm.

Here's a cool bit, and a perfect example of proper training paying off. His mate, the Marine from Iraq, having had experience under fire at calling in reports etc was able to get the tag number of the car, a description of the same and descriptions of the guys in the car. On top of that, he stabilized Chris' brother and stemmed the bleeding.

Cops saw the car - based on the excellent description - and gave chase. The fooker driving tried the same stunt on the cop who pulled him over but thought better of it when the cop drew his sidearm and ordered him to the ground.

The knife in question was a k-bar (used by the US Marines in WWII - and it's the 2nd time I'm aware of one being used, both on people I know indirectly)

Mate's Brother Knifed Kbar2

So some lessons to be learned...

Chris' brother, (It's been said before but worth repeating) did NOT see the knife.

He also had no idea he'd been stabbed until he was told he was.

Excellent training and relevant experience by soldier helps nab bad guy and save friends life.

As a result...

Assume everyone is armed and fight/react accordingly

Just because you assume you were punched in a fight, visibly check in case you were stabbed.

Learn some first aid so you know what to do in the event you or a mate are ever injured in a brawl.

Paramedics reported his brother would probably be dead if not for the actions of his mate.

He is currently in hospital recovering from an operation to repair his diaphragm and has agree to come down and tell my class about it as a show and tell exercise. Nothing like seeing the scars and hearing first hand to help the lesson sink home.

AM News: Teenager charged in stabbing

April 14, 2008 - 6:47AM
By Michael Barrett

(Updated at 10:30 a.m.)
Gastonia Police arrested a local teenager for allegedly stabbing another man Sunday.
The victim, Shawn Wesley Britt, 24, of Mount Holly, was listed in fair condition Monday morning at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.
Luis Enrique Rivera Jr., 18, of the 4500 block of Oakwood Circle, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury in connection with the incident.
The attack occurred about 1:30 a.m. Sunday in the roadway along the 800 block of Armstrong Park Road. Rivera used a long tactical knife to stab Britt several times in the torso, said Gastonia Police Detective D.K. McSwain.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Rivera was held at Gaston County Jail on $250,000 bond

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Mate's Brother Knifed Empty Re: Mate's Brother Knifed

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:14 am

Thanks for that. What were their intentions though, if any? Why did they attack them, any idea?

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:22 am

Thanks for sharing this one... I also would like to know if there is any info as to the Motive behind the attack. It would also be nice if you could share some pics of the injuries so that I could create a sheet that would have this story along with pics that I could hand out to some folks.
roadkill
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Mate's Brother Knifed Empty knife

Post  jethro Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:58 am

Yes, sad story, but unless you are on constant alert,surely most people would have been caught out?

jethro

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Light Fantastic,

Cops aren't saying. Given the attacker is Hispanic it's probable it's gang activity so possibly a case of mistaken identity or a gang initiation (for those who don't know, junior gang members are tasked with killing someone to prove they're not undercover cops and to have the murder held against them lest they ever try to quit the gang)

If I find out more I'll let you know but most of my sources are with local LEOs and not Gastonia.

Roadkill

Will see if I can get pics when he's out of hospital and I get him down to class.

Jethro

Yes and no. If you assume everyone is armed then he wouldn't have been standing there while the little guy wailed on him thinking it was punches. You might also have stuck the car in reverse and driven away...too many people get out of their vehicles and want to go fists when the vehicle is already an incredible weapon.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Nick Hughes wrote: Given the attacker is Hispanic it's probable it's gang activity

Controversial!

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:32 pm

Not in my city it's not. We have a large contingent of gang bangers including the dreaded MS-13.

The majority of hispanics here are illegal (we have one of the largest illegal populations in the country despite being a lonnnnng way from the border due to our recent housing boom). The illegals who are not in gangs tend to keep a very low profile for obvious reasons. Ergo, when a kid his age, and of his race, ups and knifes someone, it is, as I mentioned, highly likely it's gang related.

Nothing controversial about it.

Nick

PS: I'm always amused about the race issue.

If I say "the majority of our prison population is black because they're more criminaly inclined" people start screaming "racist."

If I say "the majority of our US Athletics team is black because they're more gifted physically" everyone smiles and says "that's true...how nice you are."

Technically I guess they're both racist statements right...just depends what you want to hear.
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Really.

Mate's Brother Knifed Popcorneater

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:52 am

Amusingly just this afternoon I was sitting in traffic waiting to turn right and as I moved forward this car came up on my left and the chubby pleb in it hurled personal abuse at me for I know not what since my positioning and movements were controlled entirely by the traffic flow.

Interesting how the scum never actually hurl abuse when it is likely you will be able to get out and stick the wheel lock through their thick faces.

Would it be entirely wrong to firebomb these people in their cars? Not in a just world it wouldn't. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:55 pm

That's a terrible thing to do to a car.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down