Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

body shot

3 posters

Go down

body shot Empty body shot

Post  SMUDGEPARA Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Sorry to butt in but in response to the body shot i have used the stright right to sternum boxing and have put a 14 stone guy down. I weigh 78kg.
My boxing coach now mark myers he started off with Gojo Ryu Karate and he has shown the use of the straight to body and reverse punch to body, is effective
SMUDGEPARA
SMUDGEPARA

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

body shot Empty Re: body shot

Post  cartmelpete Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Thanks for that SMUDGEPARA.
Yes, I've also had some success with body shots in the ring but in a real "live" situation I'm always worried that I'm going to end up hitting his elbows if he moves and crack my knuckles so I always try for the jaw shot.
I know that some people have used them live so was just interested in John's experiences with body shots.

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:31 am

Body shots can be devastatingly good if its your thing and you have perfected it.

I generally target the jaw or side of the head but have used body shots many times usually as a warning strike and I target the sternum/chest or a dropfoot pistolpunch to the solar plexus just below the sternum combine this with a neck hook and it is very effective.

I also target both pecs with a powerful push/strike and sometimes combine this with a foot hook.

I used to use a bollock punch(below the belt punch) combined with a neck wrap and strangle.

And I have used many times a single palm strike/push to either shoulder prior to striking the chest or sternum.

Effects generally great for creating distance giving you time to decide your next move. sometimes a tko.

If you have to strike someone be direct and use your most powerful dominant punch bone on bone for a solid KO
Take care
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: