Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Christmas and Thanks to All

+5
Ken Fortunato
Jeff Menapace
BN
Les Turpin
steve morris
9 posters

Go down

Happy Christmas and Thanks to All Empty Happy Christmas and Thanks to All

Post  steve morris Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:29 am

Been really busy with Christmas preparations, the kids are really into it this year and they're having a great time.

While I'm saying Happy Christmas, I want to take this opportunity to also say thanks to those who have supported me by buying DVDs, donating to the site, and attending courses: THANK YOU.

I would like to say a special thanks to my best friend, Tom O'Shaughnessy. Two years ago we got back in contact again after being out of touch for many years, thanks to the website. We got together in New Jersey and still speak on the phone frequently. Tom, you're a genuine friend and if you're reading this, rather than just telling me, come up on the forum with what you've got to say about martial arts, past, present and future. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and all the best in 2008.

Somebody else I have special thanks for is Andy Dunne. As a young man, Andy was my student at Earlham Street, and survived some of the hardest training we engaged in during our full-contact, anything-goes days. Hard to believe, but Andy claims I was the inspiration for his huge success in business. Recently, Andy's been instrumental in helping me get some direction on how to organize the business side of my method, and I'm looking forward to working with him and his guys in the New Year. Andy, thank you for all you've done. Best wishes to you and your family.

Another special Christmas thanks goes out to Mick Coup and Dennis Jones, who have given me the confidence (and a bit of a kick up the backside at times) to get into the mix and put my stuff out there. For guys of their standing to get behind what I do, I couldn't receive a higher compliment.

I'd also like to thank Tony Pillage for generously allowing me to use his training facility at weekends. This has made a huge difference to me in having a place where I can train guys regularly and bring them along, and have an open door to anyone who wants to come and check it out.

Thanks to Lito Angeles and Jeff Menapace from the US, who offered me this message board, and to Brian for encouraging me to stay here! It's only been six months, but I've enjoyed it.

Over on the website we have a lot of support via e-mail, including this forum's own Luciano Imoto, who designed a lot of materials for us. Tommy P and Ken Fortunato, Richard Nguyen, Stuart Gent, and a whole bunch of you guys who support the site and buy all my films even though the exchange rate is terrible for you! Thanks. People in Australia, America, Finland, China, Malaysia, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Japan, Italy, Holland, Spain...I'm losing track here. Everyone who has written in, bought films, donated, offered technical advice to Trish--(Mark Perry--thank you) all of you have made a difference to me in the past year. It was great to meet Ken Milling after corresponding for several years, and I hope to meet more of you in the future.

Here in the UK, I'd like to thank Steve Rowe for giving me the opportunity at Shi Kon to get back into the mix and for helping me with a couple of personal things behind the scenes. Dennis Jones and his brother John not only supported me in the martial arts, but also gave me some good advice with regard to a serious personal matter. Little Denn, thanks for your support as well.

I'm looking forward to reconnecting with some Arnis guys I'd trained with in the past: namely Alan Jones, Richard Cotterill and Pepe. It'll be great seeing you guys again.

And talking of old acquaintances, I'm hoping to hook up this year with a lot of my old mates from my time as a boy soldier in Harrogate--I hear that some of them read the site. Merry Christmas to you all.

Finally, where would I be without the guys I train? A special thanks goes out to Bob Allen, Raj Saigal, Rob Dick, Rory Kilpatrick, Spence, Kish, Paul Bartley, Rob Manning, Jon Law, Nick Forrer, Jim Stonham, Steve Cork, Dan and Tommy, and there are lots more but I'm not very good with names. We've done some great work together, and it's only the beginning.

But my biggest thanks has got to go to Trish, because none of this would be possible without her. And go and have a look at her You Tube film, aby the way. But it goes without saying that Trish and my kids are the best thing in my life, and everything I'm doing is for them. So be looking out for the Morris family on You Tube over Christmas.

I was skeptical about what it would be like coming on a forum, but the past six months here on this board have been a really great experience. Thank you all for coming on and asking so many good questions.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I'll be posting again as soon as I can.

--Steve Morris
steve morris
steve morris

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-08-01

http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas and Thanks to All Empty Re: Happy Christmas and Thanks to All

Post  Guest Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:49 am

Steve,

I wish you and yours all the best for the New Year and a Merry Christmas.
I know I haven't been around the forum but I do read it daily. I have given up forums and yours is the only one I still have membership to (even though I don't post). The only reason I still read yours is because it has meaning and function and that is due to the man behind it as well as the people posting here. You are serious and living in the real world and the members here know that; that's why they are here.
Your contributions have been monumental and whether you know it or not you have helped me immensely.

Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Les Turpin Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:15 am

happy christmas and all the best in 2008 to you and your family Steve, its been a pleasure and inspiration to read everything here.
Les Turpin
Les Turpin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:30 am

Ditto,

Happy Xmas to you and your family. santa
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:06 pm

Merry Christmas Steve!!!

May you and your family receive the best.

Jeff
Jeff Menapace
Jeff Menapace

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Fortunato Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Steve, Happy Christmas and New Year to you and yours.

Thanks for being YOU. Your integrity means the world to me.

Kenny

Ken Fortunato

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  JonLaw Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:07 pm

Merry Xmas Steve, to you Trish and your little 'uns.

Thanks for all the training this year and for all the rest to come, for all the inspiring content on your site, your videos etc etc.

And for being a proper decent bloke with it.

all the best for Xmas and New Year

jon

JonLaw

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:45 am

Steve, you're an inspiration, part of my New Years resolution is to get over to the UK to train with you. Keep doing what your doing and telling it how it is. Cheers, Rob Macdonall
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  peter skillen Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:17 am

happy christmas steve and avery very prosperous new year santa

peter skillen

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2006-08-25

http://www.academyts.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  artinmotion Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 am

Season's greetings Steve, I hope 2008 will be a great year for you. I'm really looking forward to the Primal sessions kicking off again in the New Year. Injuries have all but cleared up and 'I'm chomping on the bit' !

See you in January.

Have a good one.

Rob

artinmotion

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: