Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body Shots

3 posters

Go down

Body Shots Empty Body Shots

Post  bob Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:39 am

Hi John,
What do you think with regard to body shots & have you had much success utilising body shots in your door work etc.
Cheers, Ken

bob

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Body Shots Empty Re: Body Shots

Post  John Skillen Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi Ken do you mean any type of body shot or specifically punches/ i will assume you mean any for this question. body shots I've used are shoulder barges, elbows to the chest, double palms to the chest, single palm to the shoulder and chest. front kick to the abdomen. These were mainly to create distance and to make my antagonist feel my intent. They were followed up by the pointing finger and assertive body langauge stance. Main body shot was to the sternum with the flat fist sometimes to the solar plexus or low hook to the testicles area followed by a single arm wrap around strangle. I cover these techniques in my phase five of the pentagon system. bounce
take care Ken
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bob Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks John,
Yes, I did mean any type of body shot.
I would imagine that you probably had a sense with some guys that a push/body shot & display of aggression might be enough to defuse the situation (?).
Regards, Ken

bob

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:07 am

Not always Ken i know one thing that is proven every weekend by guys i know that still work the doors for a living. Its all one big test and there ain't many that pass it or come near to passing it! some have the bottle and won't chance there reputation or liberty in a scrap- even men with so called big reps. What i learnt was that in order to stand my ground and come upto scratch i had to be prepared to go all the way then give everybody a chance- a way out at the same time being physically and mentally prepared to battle for what i believed to be right! for example when i practise pushing and shoving i practise a counter attack to the possible response of my antagonist. Always be prepared to get through a tough battle. Oh and being first is paramount.
Take care mate
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 am

John Skillen wrote:. Main body shot was to the sternum with the flat fist sometimes to the solar plexus

Hi John,
What kind of sucess and results did you have with the shot to the sternum? When you mean flat fist do you mean with the thumb up and the knuckles vertical to the ground?Did you deliver it double hip, Peter Consterdine style or just a normal boxing punch?
Reason I ask is that a friend of mine used to work the door here in Sydney and his offsider who was only about 75kg broke the sternum of a big rugby league player with a pre emptive shot to the sternum.
The guy was an ex Commonwealth Middleweight boxing champion, so he could punch, Scouser too ha ha!!
Just curious as to your results with this punch, also the shot to the solar plexus.

Thanks and regards,
Peter

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum