Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scapula

2 posters

Go down

Scapula Empty Scapula

Post  steve morris Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 am

Julian posted this to me privately...

Hi Steve,

I watched recently some of your videos and noticed that your right Scapula, shoulder is more developed than in other guys. I read about a top student of Bruce Lee who also used his Scapula for his punches and you see Bruce Lee doing it in Enter the Dragon when he does the push-ups prior the fight with Chuck Norris.

Hope it doesn't sound disrespectful like eehww what's that. I'm just interested in it.

Best regards
Julian
steve morris
steve morris

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-08-01

http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Scapula Empty Re: Scapula

Post  steve morris Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:30 am

Hi Julian

I'm going to post this on the forum because you're not the first guy to ask. I've had guys ask me how I got the extra muscle. Did I know that my scapula was displaced? It's just torn muscle.

What you see on my scapula is scar tissue resulting from a bite from a stallion. You can still see the teethmarks. It's at least fifteen years old.

Sorry to disappoint!

It's got nothing to do with my punching, but incidentally it's an example of how I've been bitten, kicked, butted, thrown, and stomped by horses to far greater effect than any man I ever met.

That's why when I sometimes read posts about biting, gouging, etc. I think, you lot don't even know what a bite is!!

Steve
steve morris
steve morris

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:45 am

Whoa, oouch! Thanks for the answer.

Maybe you read what Nick Hughes wrote about horses:

My thoughts are that the training has to involve a fair amount of crashing and bashing as you so aptly put it. It amazes me we can get insurance for skydiving and horse riding (the latter being the most dangerous sport in the US) and no one wants to insure martial artists.

Reminds me when I nearly got killed by one when I was 13. The horse got scared because I was too loud so it was tearing into the mud to run away and in this process throwing a stone with the hooves which was nearly the half the size of my head but it landed only on my chest, thanks god.

Cheers
Julian
Julian
Julian

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  steve morris Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 am

Yeah, I don't know what the stats are or why the deaths occurred in riding. All I know is that it's a pretty dangerous business from the professional side; i.e. trainers, cowboys, rodeo riders, and jockeys. Most of my stuff was dealing with American trainers and cowboys, and they were wild. In fact, they are some of the toughest guys I've been in the company of.

Some of the guys I knew were really laid back, but others were seriously high octane, particularly the rodeo riders. All of them, great guys. Liked to party.
steve morris
steve morris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum