Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where next for the SDF?

4 posters

Go down

Where next for the SDF? Empty Where next for the SDF?

Post  Socrates Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:46 am

Hi Dave: Welcome to the new site. I was just wondering which direction you see the SDF going in the next few years. One thing you´ve mentioned on the other site is that a lot of members are doing self-defence on separate nights to their own arts. Do you think that's a step in the right direction?
All the best,
RGC
Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Where next for the SDF? Empty Re: Where next for the SDF?

Post  Dave Turton Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:21 am

Hi Socrates

Well we recently had the most important meeting EVER in the SDF, which has formulated our direction for the next 5 years (approx).

One topic was the training and teaching of SDF/other RBSD stuff in clubs that are more traditional.

I believe it is absolutely essential that a differentiation is made clear as to what sport, trad, street martial arts ARE.
therefore the idea of having a SPECIFIC session for this type of material really makes sense.

It seems to have been working very well indeed in other clubs within the SDF. so we will assume it can be a successful feature for the future.

I have a few ideas about where the martial arts will be in the future, and I believe part of their development will be in areas really only touched on in many clubs.

good question mate .. the start of many I hope

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:37 am

Cheers Dave. From a marketing point of view, I think that marketing RBSD as complementary is much, much better than the attitude of "forget all that old stuff you´ve been doing." Good luck with it!
Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628

Back to top Go down

Post  imaninjaII Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:34 am

Agree with Socrates

Part of my enjoyment of martial arts is the learning of the art even though i know some of the techniques i practice would have little value in the street

When i first went to Stu Cutty's class i was hooked on the SDF training and sylabus especially bullet man sessions.. Fantastic - Kind of added the last piece into the jigsaw puzzle for me.
imaninjaII
imaninjaII

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post  MJD Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:01 am

I think we should try for a Moon landing next.

Maybe we could get Lee-G to throw me there. I've got halfway a couple of times, maybe with a real effort...
MJD
MJD

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum