Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another month...another rant!

2 posters

Go down

Another month...another rant! Empty Another month...another rant!

Post  si5 Thu May 17, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Dave
Whilst in my local newsagents/library I decided to read the letters page in MAI a magazine I last month vowed never to buy again due to constant personal attacks on yourself, Sure enough on the letters page was yet ANOTHER personal attack on you due again to your comments regarding Bruce Lee.
I find it shocking firstly the way Bruce Lee is deifyed (sp) by some people who act all religious over him coming across like the Taliban or hard line christian fundementalists, and secondly and perhaps more importantly the way in which Bob Sykes (MAI editor) allows these personal attacks to continue.
I am all for free speech and such however for the last 4 months or so the main source of letters in MAI have been centred around slagging off yourself and SDF members. I am aware there have been letters backing you up, my point is why is Bob Sykes fanning the controversy?
It is amounting to tabloid journalism and all the sentiments are being repeated in the letters attacking you, so there is nothing new or constructive being printed.

I feel Bob Sykes owes you and indeed SDF members a personal apology and hope he recieves letters about other subjects with which to put in his magazine so he can draw a line under this whole mess!

He seems very quick to allow people to attack a man regaded very highly by anybody with a brain in the martial arts/Self defence world.
Yet he will then print 4-6 page articles by people like george Dillman etc whose methods are somewhat disputed shall we say?

I know you are friends/aquaintances with Mr Sykes and these are just my thoughts, you might not be bothered at all as you have a thicker skin than me Dave, but I sincerley hope that not another letter personally attacking you because you dont worship a dead movie star is printed.
I feel Bob Sykes owes you at least four pages to air your views and then I might even purchase a copy.

Anyway sorry to rant but I take these things personally and would just like to offer my help if Bob Sykes wants to come down to my gym and see how realistic the SDF teachings are!

regards
Si
si5
si5

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Back to top Go down

Another month...another rant! Empty Re: Another month...another rant!

Post  Dave Turton Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 am

I really appreciate that Si.. I think Bob (knowing him as I do) is selling more copies thanks to the 'controversy' I have caused...

he is a 'wind-up merchant' always has been... but yes I am just a tad pissed off with it all..

but what I was going to do was write some articles in which I could say my piece and maybe get some publicity for the SDF as well...

but it would be a thought if SDF members wrote to Bob via email expressing their disdain at his 'treatment' of their Head..

thanks again, your loyalty outweighs the crap

Dave

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  si5 Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 am

Your welcome to pass that post on to him in an email Dave!
si5
si5

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum