Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jab, Cross, Hook, Upercut Combo.

2 posters

Go down

Jab, Cross, Hook, Upercut Combo. Empty Jab, Cross, Hook, Upercut Combo.

Post  WhatThe... Sun May 06, 2007 9:31 pm

Dave,

I noticed that your original foray into MA was Western boxing so I throw a question at you if I could please.

I’m interested to find out what the correct break-down of movements are for the classic jab, cross, hook, uppercut combination?

MA styles and even boxing styles seem to vary a bit.

What I’m looking for is I guess the traditional Marquis of Queensberry combination.

Please indicate whether the following is correct, and if it is not, please amend as required:

1/ Step the front foot (left foot) forward and slightly off-centre and at the same time fire out the left jab from the left side of the jaw, making sure that the shoulder follows through and the chin remains tucked down.

2/ Retract the left hand back to the jaw but retain the left shoulder position (ie forward and loaded up for the cross to follow).

3/ Fire off the cross from the rights side of the jaw, making sure that the punch’s power emanates from the ground ie through the rear (right) heel up the leg, through the hip etc.

4/ Retract the right hand back to the jaw but retain the right shoulder position (ie forward and loaded up for the hook to follow).

5/ Fire off the hook from the left side of the jaw ensuring that the body rotates with the punch.

6/ Retract the left hand back to the jaw but retain the left shoulder position (ie forward and loaded up for the uppercut to follow).

7/ Then throw the uppercut.

In practice it all happens quickly and often in a bit of a flurry because the target can move etc. But I’m seeking the correct first principals of this combination if you can help please.

Cheers.

WhatThe...

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Back to top Go down

Jab, Cross, Hook, Upercut Combo. Empty Re: Jab, Cross, Hook, Upercut Combo.

Post  Dave Turton Tue May 08, 2007 1:17 pm

That doesnt sound too bad mate.. make sure your fists are turned the right ways at all times, and mesh your movements with the correct breathing methods

good luck with it

if you find the sequence too fast on the bags.. slow it down and build up speed

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum