Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

body shots!

2 posters

Go down

body shots! Empty body shots!

Post  si5 Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:46 am

Hi again
a lot of people in the Self defence industry seem to totally discount body shots, personally i like them.
I understand we are looking for a quick KO but sometimes i.e. working as door supervisor, CPO whatever it might not be relevant to punch people on the jaw, as you WILL get nicked for it and WILL cause damage.

I have used body shots, especially during a scrappy encounter or three! I tend to use boxing style hook/uppercuts into the ribs and have found they drop people or at least weaken them to allow further strikes to land.

What are your feelings? do you think leaving out body shots from your training is a mistake? I do, cos you never know what target may present itself
si5
si5

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Back to top Go down

body shots! Empty Re: body shots!

Post  Dave Turton Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:37 am

I like bodyshots and so do many of my students (Karl's body shots are of the horrible variety.. awesome!)
The thing is the influences factors..

Bodyweight helps.. few 60kgs people will drop 120kgs people with body shots.

they take time as they often are an accumulative effect.. 4 or 5 needed sometimes.

Heavy clothing can reduce the effects..
but having said that, I like them, practise them and teach them.. there is a definite place for the in your arsenal

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum