Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDF Website???

4 posters

Go down

SDF Website??? Empty SDF Website???

Post  si5 Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:25 pm

ERR where is it?
si5
si5

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Back to top Go down

SDF Website??? Empty Re: SDF Website???

Post  Dave Turton Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:13 pm

I wish I EFFING knew!!!

I dont (or didnt) control it.. it was set-up by one of the SDF members and I had a password to get on the site and edit stuff.. I had no other control at all.. I have emailed the lad in question a couple fo times but got no response.
I am however taking steps to get something sorted as soon as I can
until I do, I apologise for the lack of an SDF website

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  cmaauk Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:14 am

Hi gang,

The SDF website has been returned to the original one done by myself meaning Dave can update it himself when and where he wants to.

The address is www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Please refer to this site rather than the Street Defence one which, for many reasons, has "not got off the ground" as planned.

Regards,

Andy.
cmaauk
cmaauk

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-03

http://www.cmaa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:22 am

Thanks Andy ... yes we had plans to launch in January, but for many reasons this didnt come off.. and as we have been virtually without a website since then, Andy re-launched the original one..

so at least now I can start updates etc..

One of teh good guys is Mr Morrell

Dave Turton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Dave, can you direct me to the relevant document or can you just give me a brief idea of the syllabus from scratch to 1st Dan in the SDF, please?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi Dave

sorry mate none of the various SDF syllabuses (syllabi?? which is it?) are printed on the website

anyway they would take up too much room

I have the handbook that goes with the SDF Sylabus video from white belt to 1st Dan, and if you PM me your email address I will happily forward that to you.

but without the actual video, it will only give you half a picture

for other readers interested.. a ridiculously brief run-down is

white, Red, Yellow and Orange belts are more or less a dirty combat ju-jutsu with some Kempo, Grappling, and Savaux thrown in.. these are the learning grades in that its more important to get the student capable of all the strikes, kicks, impacts methods, takedowns, controls etc, than anything else. I suppose the first few grades wont appear that much different than like I say a combination of rough street ju-jutsu plus.

Green, Blue and Brown grades bring in individuality, stronger pressure testing, and more 'non' physicall aspects, like undertsanding attackers etc.. each students strengths and weaknesses are assessed and worked on. There are hardly any 'defences' as such in these grades as the emphasis is on getting IN, not waiting FOR . The application of principles and concepts becomes paramount and the 'techniques' are really only the physical expression of the principles.
Adverse positions like seated, in cars and many more are added here so that the student learns how best to adapt his own skills.
ALL attacks are street style, but some are against 'skilled' attackers like boxers, karate-ka etc.
New methods are introduced such as weapon defences and attacks,methods from other arts like Catch wrestling.Purring, Chausson, Lathie, etc etc ... The introduction of Atemi Pressure points comes in here ..This is so we can find the best style for each individual.

NO CLONES and NO COPIES.. everyone becomes their own unique combat person.

More discussions are added, some sessions are talk ONLY, but these sessions are as important as training... after all when CAN most students discuss, argue, learn via words from their teachers.. we encourage it

For the 1st Dan the student does 3 sections..

Line ups against a row of attackers all attacking with what the defender asks for in order to DEMONSTRATE their TECHNIQUE, these will be against Impact attacks, Grabbing style attacks and weapon attacks. The presure isnt full on as the idea is to view the defenders technical skills rather tha pure combat ability
Then there are several rounds of impact full contact sparring and several rounds of all out grappling.
Then the line ups are against attackers coming in with whatever they want whenever they want.. the defender does whatever he/she wishes here
(we get a few minor knocks on this one.. nothing serious but some lumps and blood usually pops up)

the last section is the pressure test..
all the attackers jump on the defender and 'rag' him/her.. not heavy impact per se, mainly slaps pushes, digs, a few kicks.. One attacker is given the task of deciding when the rest should back off to allow the defender to struggle up off the floor.. then in they go again.

This carries until until the defender is totally incapable of anything, but must keep TRYING to fight back.. to show they can keep going under pressure
when I've seen enough it is stopped and the scores added up, blood and vomit is then mopped up and the announcement made..

thats not really a very good overview.. but thats about it to 1st Dan

then the learning REALLY starts...

Dave Turton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks for that, Dave.

"the last section is the pressure test.." I had to laugh at that bit! Clearly the first bits were a piece of piss then the 'pressure testing' starts...as if the previous round weren't hard enough!

How long does it normally take someone training regularly to reach the Dan stage?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:38 pm

about three years is average... but (Naturally) I dont do things the usual way.. I count HOURS Training not YEARS involved

so one guys trains 2 hours twice a week and nothing extra = 200 training hours per year

another does 3 x 2.5 hours a week and every extra seminar, master class whatever ... he does maybe 400 training hours a year

who deserves the grade most??

the clock not the calendar

Dave Turton

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:06 pm

Good point Dave
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes