Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defnce from under the Mount!

+3
dragon00199
Dave Turton
si5
7 posters

Go down

Defnce from under the Mount! Empty Defnce from under the Mount!

Post  si5 Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi Dave (& everyone)

What would you consider the best way to defend from under a mount position & and ground 'n'pound type of attack!

I have my own ideas that seem to work for me (although some disagree Rolling Eyes )

would love to hear your opinions!
si5
si5

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Back to top Go down

Defnce from under the Mount! Empty Re: Defnce from under the Mount!

Post  Dave Turton Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi mate

well a lot depends on if its for the ring or the street,,

if its STREET I do a double head grab and pull the face down and bite holes out of it, or use the thumb in the eye socket to turn them over.

if there's some kind of rules I use a similar pull-in and then use middle finger knuckle in the arm-pit and push very hard.. I have only ever known one person in 40 plus years NOT get off from this one, and that's Karl...

thats a couple to be going on with.

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  si5 Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:25 am

ahh simple and viscious the kind of answer i expected and like Twisted Evil

thanks dave!
si5
si5

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  dragon00199 Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:13 pm

If you can't reach the face for some reason, bend your knees and using your strongest leg bring your knee straight up striking his buttocks or lower spine. He'll fly directly over your head face first towards the ground.
I've done it against grapplers with success.affraid
dragon00199
dragon00199

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MJD Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:40 pm

Bumping works best when the guy is still moving and hasn't settled. Once he's in place, you're best to pull him in and control him, then work for a turn. Causing pain is useful, so is fear (eg, when he's scared you'll pop his eyeball).

But here's a cautionary tale...

Stu (Cutty) decided it'd be funny to have me fight about 10 guys in a row on the ground. Two of them were Andy. Once I got to the semi-conscious exhausted stage, things weren't looking too good.

So now our very own Chris comes in, lands on my in the mount and starts trying to kill me in some hideous manner. AHA! says I... I shall bite!

And I did. It was a pretty decent one, got a good lump of chest in between my teeth. So Chris says 'As if THAT's gonna work!', sits up off the bite and drops a shot into my face for my trouble.

People don't always react like you expect, I guess...
MJD
MJD

Number of posts : 744

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:15 am

I've been practicing Dave's forementioned technique, which is shown in one of dvd's....works a treat. There's some good stuff in Dave's dvds mate, and you don't need a bank loan to buy it.
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:17 am

By the way Dave, on your vids you take a tug at the arm first to bring the head down if I remember rightly?
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:56 am

Dave,

How effective do you find twisting your opponents head or pulling down on one shoulder and pushing the other in order to get them to roll off you?? I have found the head twisting one to be fairly good as the more they resist the worst off they are. And the other techniques with the shoulders can work pretty good if you catch them early enough.

What re your thoughts?

Thanks.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:43 am

So now our very own Chris comes in, lands on my in the mount and starts trying to kill me in some hideous manner. AHA! says I... I shall bite!

And I did. It was a pretty decent one, got a good lump of chest in between my teeth. So Chris says 'As if THAT's gonna work!', sits up off the bite and drops a shot into my face for my trouble.

Well you did bite me! Very Happy

I've had all of the above techniques work for me.. and fail for me dependant upon who I was stuck with, their skill level, their ability to take pain, my circumstances and my application.

Dirty tricks alone wont do it for you. Well applied technique with the added bonus of the stuff that you can't get away with in polite society is as good as it gets.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:08 am

Some nice stuuf on here guys.. good thread..

Welll I have ONE drawback to my methods (as Neil Hall is ALWAYS pointing out to me) and that is very few of my grappling techniques would be allowed in MMA etc, so I have to be cautious..

I ALWAYS do something prior to the escape technique.. As an aside here I rate Grappling techniques in catagories..
i.e. Attacking .. consolidating .. countering .. etc and ESCAPE techniques, designed for no other purpose than to get out of a hold.

With a top mount attack .. I will use anything like head twists, arms grabs, muscle pinches etc... anything for TWO main reasons..
Firstly .. they may work on their own which is a bonus
Secondly .. they take the attackers mind away from the escape technique and into the 'painful' one which allows the escape technique a bit more of a chance to work.
It is vital however when trapped under a top mount, that the attacker is made to go obliquely and made to have to adjust his posture even by one inch .. anything that requires him/her to THINK and react to the thought is vital ....

hope that explains it a bit

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:17 am

Thanks for your reply Dave, very helpful Very Happy
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down