Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hindsight

2 posters

Go down

Hindsight Empty Hindsight

Post  Jan Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:01 pm

If you were back living were you started in Moss side and knew what you know now, would your training/tactics/mindset be different and that what you teach be different?

I've been in the sunny suburbs the past few years with it's intermittent problems, but recently I've been spending time with a friend who had to move to where rent is cheap shall we say.

I'm sure police helicopters aren't supposed to fly so low that they make the whole building shake while blinding you with the spot light affraid affraid

Jan

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Back to top Go down

Hindsight Empty Re: Hindsight

Post  Dave Turton Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:26 pm

I'd move a sight sooner thats for sure..

when you are inside looking out, its a vastly different view from outside looking in.

I would work more on what is becoming known as the 'softer' aspects.. awareness,and making myself 'greyer'

I was young and hot headed so precipitated many more fights than I should have been in

The main thing is in a War, theres only TWO ways it stops..

One.. one side beats the other
Two .. they both agree to be friends (as such)

I would definitely use the two ends of the spectrum more..

Be ultra nice for as long a spossible, then when nothing else is left as an option..

Atomic pile going critical

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Bec Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Dave says
when you are inside looking out, its a vastly different view from outside looking in.

I agree with that, I grew up in Easthouse in Glasgow (once a notorious area) and I never gave it a thought, that's just how things were, when I last went there to visit someone I could not believe it, I was on high alert all the time, even in his house, strange feeling.

Alan

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum